Sorry, posted this in the wrong forum. I think this needs to be moved to the "Video Streaming" forum.

I am needing Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 encoding help for YouTube. I am confused right now with all the math.

Let me try to explain.

I use a standard definition miniDV camera. It has a a normal mode and a 16:9 widescreen mode. I shoot in the widescreen mode.

I captured the video onto Premiere Pro and the video is "Clip 01". When I click on properties for "Clip 1", it is showing 720 x 480 as the source. So I am assuming that the source video is 720 x 480.

Videos on YouTube are squared. So instead of editing my video in the widescreen frame, I edit in the square frame (when you start a new project in Premiere Pro, you can select from standard and widescreen. I chose standard).

YouTube's recommends 640 x 480 (this is YouTube's new recommendation) and square pixels.

In Premiere Pro, since I am editing in a square frame, I have to scale my video down to fit the frame (motion > scale > 75%). This gives me black bars on the top and bottom.

When I encode with Adobe Media Encoder, I use WMV. When I choose a size, does it matter whether I choose 720 x 480 or 640 x 480? Which should I choose? Also, do I choose square pixels (1.0) or 0.9? I am confused about this because my video was shot in 0.9. But YouTube wants 1.0 (square). Not sure if changing to 1.0 will cause any degradation of picture quality.

Can't remember if YouTube wants 4:3. But 720 x 480 and 0.9 gives 4:3 and 640 x 480 and 1.0 gives 4:3.

So what settings should I use for the sizes? If I am confusing you, let me know and I will try to clarify.

Thanks