VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can the Happauge HD PVR 1212 record HD programs from my satellite box that are on the hard drive? Also I want to be able to put these files on my WDTV live and watch them. Does the software have a feature for making a m2ts file only that is watchable on my WDTV live? I have a PC that I would like to use with it. All I need it to do it transfer the files from my sat box to the pc hard drive then to a external HD for my WDTV live. Will this pc work for that?

Condition: New

Processor Type: Intel Pentium 4 HTBrand: DellProcessor Speed (per Core): 2.8 GHz

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

Processor Configuration: HTPrimary Drive: CD-RW/DVD

ComboMemory (RAM): 1 GB

Network Card

Hard Drive Capacity: 80 GB
    Quote Quote  
  2. Play the files on your satellite box, record with the HD PVR. The WDTV Live can play the files created by the HD PVR. Set up a share on your PC and the WDTV Live can play files in that share via wired or wireless (with added wireless USB dongle) networking. Or you can set up a DLNA media server on the PC and the WDTV Live can access that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Play the files on your satellite box, record with the HD PVR. The WDTV Live can play the files created by the HD PVR. Set up a share on your PC and the WDTV Live can play files in that share via wired or wireless (with added wireless USB dongle) networking. Or you can set up a DLNA media server on the PC and the WDTV Live can access that.

Sounds good thanks. Do you think this pc I listed will work with the Happauge HD PVR software? All I will use the pc for is to transfer the files from sat box to hard drive and put on a external hard drive for my WDTV. If I decide I want to burn to dvd I will use my i7 pc's.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    Do you think this pc I listed will work with the Happauge HD PVR software?
    A dual core P4 should work. A hyperthreaded P4 will have problems. It won't be fast enough to decode the video for display. This can be alleviated by using a graphics card with hardware h.264 decoding. Or you can disable the display in the ArcSoft Capture Module. That way all it is doing is saving data from the USB port to a file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    Do you think this pc I listed will work with the Happauge HD PVR software?
    A dual core P4 should work. A hyperthreaded P4 will have problems. It won't be fast enough to decode the video for display. This can be alleviated by using a graphics card with hardware h.264 decoding. Or you can disable the display in the ArcSoft Capture Module. That way all it is doing is saving data from the USB port to a file.

Great. I wil try it. I don't need to view any video play back just want to tranfer to a m2ts file.
    Quote Quote