VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to get Pro Logic II sound from my Gamecube. But unforunately, my receiver doesn't have any Video IN connections, so I have to connect the Yellow composite cable straight to the TV; this prevents me from connecting the RED/WHITE composite cables to the receiver because they can't reach.

So, my question is... if I have the Gamecube connected through RED/WHITE composite cables straight to the television, and have my receiver set to TV/AV, will I be getting Pro Logic II sound?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    first of all, the rca cables are connected together only by a thin peice of rubber..if you pull the yellow away from the red and white it will seperate along that thin divider until you have enough seperation to get the red/white to your receiver.

your second option would work..but you are going to decrease the quality of the audio considerably by going through your tv and then to the receiver...the fewer links in the chain the better :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I've done that before. However, the cables that I'm using to connect my Xbox/PS2/Gamecube (universal s-video cable) to the television, have a thick plastic ring around the cable; it prevents me from separating the inputs. (How annoying, right?)

I guess I'll just have to deal with the quality of the audio degrading... I don't want to give up S-Video.

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    thats understandable..you may also want to try getting some good RCA extension cables and running them straight to your receiver..that would give you the slack you need and may still sound better than running through the tv...
    Quote Quote