VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    Recently a couple of my movies that I have tried to back up seem to rip successfully but on playback there is no audio in the main movie. all others features, previews, etc. have sound. I've ran thru the older versions of DVD decrypter up to the newest versions of DVDFAB decrypter, and I'm using Instacopy or Imburn for the burning.

I apologize if this type of problem has been addressed before, but I'm really quite stumped. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Playback on your computer or/and your standalone dvd player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Both. the previews and everything leading up to the movie has sound, until it gets to the actual movie, then silence.
    Quote Quote  
  4. which movies (titles)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you load the title into DVD Shrink then tell us which audio tracks it says it has or post a screenshot?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't indicate what program you're using to transcode. Some programs donot correct the ifo files and if your not selecting the #1 audio stream you would hear no audio.
    Quote Quote  
  7. As to which titles this has happened on "Pan's Labrinyth", and now on my "Dexter" set.

I've never used DVD Shrink for anything, But I can definitely give it a go.

As far as a program to transcode, not to sound completely ignornat but I've only used the above mentioned. They've worked pretty well, until recently and just on a few DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My guess is that it has something to do with DTS Audio.
    Quote Quote  
  9. So would downloading a codec like AC3 possibly fix the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly for your computer, but certainly not for your standalone player.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keesfan
    As to which titles this has happened on "Pan's Labrinyth", and now on my "Dexter" set.

I've never used DVD Shrink for anything, But I can definitely give it a go.

As far as a program to transcode, not to sound completely ignornat but I've only used the above mentioned. They've worked pretty well, until recently and just on a few DVDs.
    As you have never used DVD Shrink, how do you make the files fit on a DVD5?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I always assumed it was Instacopy that did any compressing if needed. As you can tell I'm not well versed in this area But I've never needed to use anything else.

I've downloaded DVD Shrink now, and will try backing up PL again or at least post my results (or a screenshot) after the holiday weekend.

Happy Labour Day to everyone!! and many thanks for the replies to my question.

Keesfan
    Quote Quote