VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone,
    Happy New Year,

I am having a problem with Encore CS6 accepting DVB HD satellite recordings (ts files) without having to transcode them. I am new to making Blu-ray Discs as so far only worked in Mpeg2 DVDs. In the past when I had the same issue with broadcasts that had a higher bitrate than the DVD standards I used restream to readjust the bitrate of the video stream and then mux back the restreamed file with the audio file & Encore was happy.
    How can I please find out what is going on here with my files and if there is a way to readjust them without having to transcode them so I can continue working with Encore? What are the standards that Encore will accept without having to transcode my files & how can I find out if my captured ts files fit these standards? Any help and advice will be immensely appreciated. I use Windows 7 based system.

Jascha
    Quote Quote  
  2. mediainfo (view=>text) will provide more information on your DVB recordings
    Quote Quote  
  3. Many thanks. It's a start for me. As it's all new to me as regards authoring an HD file can I post the info here to get more help with how to deal with such files and what to do to get Encore to stop transcoding them? There has to be some trick
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes just copy & paste the text back here
    Quote Quote  
  5. Many thanks

General
    ID : 1007 (0x3EF)
    Complete name : D:\ProgDVB Files\ORF2 HD\NJK 2014\01 January - 10.13.41 - Der Mehlspeis-Adel. (Dokumentation, AUT 2004) Nir....ts
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 3.88 GiB
    Duration : 1h 1mn
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 9 025 Kbps

Video
    ID : 2920 (0xB68)
    Menu ID : 4912 (0x1330)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Bit rate : 8 418 Kbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 50.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.183
    Stream size : 3.62 GiB (93%)

Audio
    ID : 2922 (0xB6A)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Mode : Joint stereo
    Mode extension : MS Stereo
    Codec ID : 4
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 160 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -1s 189ms
    Stream size : 70.5 MiB (2%)

Text
    ID : 2925 (0xB6D)-100
    Format : Teletext
    Language : German

Menu
    ID : 108 (0x6C)
    List : 2920 (0xB68) (AVC) / 2922 (0xB6A) (MPEG Audio) / 2925 (0xB6D) ()
    Quote Quote  
  6. Here is the info from Video Redo Video Program Info:
    File Size: 4168373976 ( 3.88 GB )
    Program Duration: 01:01:34.44
    File Type: TS Stream
    Encoding: H.264
    Video stream Id: 2920 (xB68)
    Encoding Dimensions: 1280 x 720
    Display Size: 1280 x 720
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    Frame Rate: 50.00 FPS
    Bit Rate: 20.000 Mbps
    VBV_Buffer: 380 KB
    Profile: High/4.0
    Progressive: Progressive
    Chroma: 4:2:0
    Audio Format: Layer 2
    Audio Stream Id: 2922 (xb6a)
    Audio Bit Rate: 160 Kbps
    Audio Sampling Rate: 48000 Hz
    TS Mux Rate (bps): -1
    Est. video bit rate: 8.513 (Mbps)
    Subtitle 1: DVB Teletext, PID:0B6D, Lang:[ger], Page: 100

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not an expert by any means but I do have an observation. By looking at the WHAT IS Blu-ray section to the left, I did not see that Blu-ray accepts the audio format contained in your capture.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, the audio is incompatible, but the video should be fine

Demux to elementary streams (e.g. tsmuxer or dgavcindex) . You can import the elementary video, and re-encode the audio to a BD compatible format (e.g. AC3)

Make sure the Encore project settings are set to 1280x720p50
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi again,Thanks for your views. Unfortunately I got nowhere so far. I demuxed the file as you suggested with tsmuxer and here is the log I got after demuxing:
    Network Optix tsMuxeR. Version 2.6.11. www.networkoptix.com
    Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 50
    H.264 muxing fps is not set. Get fps from stream. Value: 50
    B-pyramid level 2 detected. Shift DTS to 3 frames
    Decoding MPEG-Audio stream (track 2): Bitrate: 160Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2 Layer: 2
    H264 bitstream changed: insert pict timing and buffering period SEI units
    MPEG-Audio stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:03:16,985. Resync stream.
    Decoding MPEG-Audio stream (track 2): Bitrate: 160Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2 Layer: 2
    MPEG-Audio stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:05:46,841. Resync stream.
    MPEG-Audio stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:23:16,865. Resync stream.
    Processed 184750 video frames
    Flushing write buffer
    Demux complete.
    Demuxing time: 1 min 56 sec

The Meta file says the following:
    MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --demux --vbr --vbv-len=500
    V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "D:\ProgDVB Files\ORF2 HD\NJK 2014 - Copy\01 January - 10.13.41 - Der Mehlspeis-Adel. (Dokumentation, AUT 2004) Nir....ts", insertSEI, contSPS, track=2920

A_MP3, "D:\ProgDVB Files\ORF2 HD\NJK 2014 - Copy\01 January - 10.13.41 - Der Mehlspeis-Adel. (Dokumentation, AUT 2004) Nir....ts", timeshift=-1200ms, track=2922, lang=eng

I tried to import the asset and this time it just hangs. Any other thoughts in the meantime will be greatly appreciated please
    Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As stated earlier.....audio needs to be ac3 not mp3.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  11. But if I import just the video part of the file without the audio section, surely the problem is related to the video? Any other programs I can try perhaps? I truly wish to work with Encore. Is there a way to check if my video file is fine,, without any errors perhaps?
    Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  12. There might be an issue with the way tsmuxer is handling the demuxing. You can try one of the newer beta versions,

or you can try demuxing with dgavcindex (file=>save project and demux video)

or ffmpeg, or eac3to (these are commandline programs)

If you still can't get it to work, upload a sample and someone might examine it and provide some suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi everyone again,

Thanks for all the efforts to try and assist me and I appreciate it very much. I have tried demuxing with dgavcindex and when trying to import the video part of the demuxed file I get this message in Encore:
    "The software that's used to decode the media is not available on this system. Installing the correct decoders for the files you are working with may help to correct the problem".

I have not tried the other two options suggested but in the meantime I try to upload a section of my captured HD file perhaps someone can find a solution for me which I truly need.

Best regards to all.
    Quote Quote  
  14. All HD channels in Europe, including ORF2 have AC3 stream as well so next time try to get it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi, I tried to upload 2 files 3 times but they don't seem to appear to upload successfully . They are just 11Mb large unless they are appearing and can't see them!! In the meantime i tried transcoding the file with Encore to see what happens however I wish to sort out this problem to avoid hours of transcoding. Encore converted the file into a .f4v file. I tried a different version of tsmuxer but the result was the same.

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  16. Take a deep breath for a moment. Did your files work originally in Encore except they needed to be transcoded, or did they never work in Encore?

If they opened and you can make timelines out of them, just go ahead and let Encore transcode to a higher bitrate than you started with -- double it, you're starting very low. Otherwise you'll be banging your head on this for a long time.
    Quote Quote  
  17. You can try uploading to a free file hosting site e.g. mediafire.com, sendspace.com
    Quote Quote  
  18. That's a fair optimistic point. AFAIK Encore allows me to work with the timeline yes and put chapters. It will take ages though to transcode and was hoping to find a quicker solution to this. I guess beggars can't be choosers & this might be my only option. I shall try again & upload the file via mediafire or rapid share or the likes & perhaps a solution can be found
    Thanks again everyone. Will upload the file hopefully tomorrow
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi, I have uploaded 3 fragments of hd captures from different European stations to pass on to you for analysis for some expert help please. Hope a solution can be found and many thanks for your assistance.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q7d4bjb9vbvtzbg/Eurovision%20Intro.ts

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sicwc3xhx165tkv/04%20January%20-%2008.31.05%20-%20Bi...und%20Tina..ts

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r9zchco42gnwlrf/04%20January%20-%2008.30.50%20-%20Da...r%20(2%203).ts
    Quote Quote  
  20. These streams are missing HRD information required for BD compatibility . I don't know of anyway to patch it or "fake" it
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi, Thanks for that info. May I ask what HRD stands for please as I could not find any info online.
    Quote Quote  
  22. HRD = hypothetical reference decoder .

It's a gross oversimplification, but basically, BD compliance requires buffer parameters that govern the inflow/outflow of data
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NAL-HRD is a required spec for blu-Ray.

If these are going to be for your personal use then you may want to author the blu-ray with multiavchd (free). It is less demanding and will probably only need to re-encode your audio. It's also much faster for creating and authoring, but much less options and effects.....
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  24. Encore is fairly strict - it scans each asset and generally doesn't allow you to use non compliant streams . Scenarist is even more strict

Something like multiavchd as racer mentioned is not as strict, and tsmuxer even less strict (but no menus). The more "lax" something is, the less likely it will play in all players. But many BD players can play non compliant , out of spec streams . Especially newer models. (But Panasonics tend to be very finicky)
    Quote Quote