VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My chorus recorded Handel's Messiah, and I'm trying to extract clips for youtube. The DVD has three VOB content files, along with the usual others. If I play the video in Windows Media Player, the video and audio are in-sync. If I copy the VOB files to disk and rename them to MPEG and play them in WMP, they play in-sync.

When I put these files in a Vegas Studio project (.vf) the "first" file (something_1.VOB) is in sync. The later files (something_2.VOB, something_3.VOB) are out-of-sync in preview in Vegas Studio. I estimate that the audio is a second slow. If I render a section to an MPEG file the out-of-sync is also rendered. So Vegas Studio is consistent -- if it thinks the audio is out-of-sync, it renders out-of-sync.

I'm wondering if the problem is that I'm supplying the project with the media wrongly. I've been telling the project to use the content VOB files (about a gigabyte in size each) as the source media. Should I be telling it to use some index file instead, or such?

My Vegas Studio Platinum is version 9.0b Build 92 (or is that 62? I don't remember, and am away from that computer). Anyways, a very recent install.

Anyways, for me this is a show-stopper. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerome.
    Quote Quote  
  2. did you use a camcorder that records direct to dvd or is there some other source that was used to convert to dvd? the mpeg-2 on a dvd is not a editor friendly format so if you can get the original source it would be better. if not try converting the entire dvd from the start to a single mpg. use vob2mpeg on the video_ts folder of the dvd. then use that as your source.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, the DVD was supplied by the local Comcast office, which recorded the concert for the cable channel with their three cameras and a mixer truck outside of the church building. They don't know a thing about recording for the arts, (their camera selection and views are frequently inappropriate, and sometimes the singers are out-of-focus because the lens focused on the audience), but I presume they can put together a DVD.
    Quote Quote