VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm going to get a "dash cam" to record my driving (using loop recording). This is because of past "he said/she said" accidents. With video proof, the lying about what actually happened would be impossible, since I would have the proof. I see them for less than $50US, so not taking advantage of having a video record would be silly.

I would like to know what kind that you have, and if you would purchase the same unit again. I would like to know what you would want to see in such a unit.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have one, and wouldn't think of driving without it. However, expect to pay $200 and up for one. Don't entertain getting a cheapie. Like, you get what you pay for. This is nice cam and a person you can actually speak with.
    http://thevideocopilot.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. You will be paying under 50.00 and you will get the Keycam 808 lens D model. and you will plug into the cigg lighter..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had one for about 4 months: http://www.szswill.com
    In the case of my accident the camera would simply have proved that I was "fully established" in the centre lane when the clown drove into me, you don't need a rear facing camera to do that, the time clock running in the picture would prove what I was saying was true - granted a rear facing camera as well would be great, but something is better than nothing. Also my camera has an G-meter built into it so if I'm hit the G-Force and direction is indicated - again, in the case of my accident where the other driver claimed he was travelling at 70mph and I was doing 60mph there was a hell of a lot of damage done for a 10mph collision - for example, the roof of my car had a crease in it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vach9 View Post
    again, in the case of my accident where the other driver claimed he was travelling at 70mph and I was doing 60mph there was a hell of a lot of damage done for a 10mph collision - for example, the roof of my car had a crease in it.
    Your assumption that the speed of one car minus the speed of the other car gives you the force involved is incorrect. If both cars were doing 70 mph and crashed into each other, would you assume the outcome to be nothing? The fact that both cars were traveling 60 mph or more is why your roof had a crease.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Good ones can be had for under $100. I bought the C1 by Innovv for $80 and have loved it for about a year. Shoots 1080@30fps or 720@60fps. Both look good (but not great). I could go on and on about the features, but with new models coming out so frequently and prices falling fast, I would recommend you go to Dash Cam Talk to see the most recent reviews and browse the forum.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have be using the E-PRANCE Mini 0801 Car DVR Dash Camera for a while now with great luck. Video looks good and it mounts easy. Can be found on Amazon for $83.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    If both cars were doing 70 mph and crashed into each other, would you assume the outcome to be nothing?
    If they were both traveling the same direction? Yes.

We're all traveling at about 1000 miles per hour around the center of the earth. If one car comes up behind another at 0.1 mph and they tap bumpers would you expect the same amount damage as two cars colliding head on at 1000 miles per hour? Or since the Earth is moving at 67,000 mph around the sun would you expect the amount of damage from a 67,000 mph collision? And the sun is moving at 500,000 mph around the center of the galaxy...
    Last edited by jagabo; 17th Nov 2014 at 07:19.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got this model a couple of months ago. Stuck a 32GB microSD flash card in it. Also has Bluetooth for my phone.

Quote Quote  
  10. Can you still tilt mirror to avoid high beam glare from rear at night with that model?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Although high beams in my rearview mirror are normally a pet peeve, with this model it hasn't been a problem. I don't know why, because it doesn't have the tilt setting you mention -- maybe some sort of coating. I get more glare from my side mirrors.
    Quote Quote