VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, all,

I`m sure you can help me with this. I spent long hours in google, but couldn`t find answer.

I have some videos, taken with my Sony video camera, travel, parties and other stuff.
    I`d like to edit that material with Windows Movie maker, as I researched, WMV is easiest soft for beginners like me to cut some pieces, add music, etc. After I tried to get my videos into WMV (which was unsuccessfull) I discovered that WMV can`t edit VOB files. OK. So I converted them with Ojosoft and I got one file with extension .AVI

All was ok so far, but now I have next problem: when I import video into WMV, it looks like one big block! I`m not able to split it into scenes. Well, I can do it manulally of course by selecting begin time and end time for every scene , but that`s hell to do that for 45 min long video.
    Can anyone please suggest how to convert VOB to AVI and at the same time do not loose possibility split it into recorded scenes? (Selecting "create clip for video files" do not help, I got the one big clip (all block))

Thank you guys very much
    All advices very welcomed here

Thanks,
    Kiplox
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most likely those vobs made by the camera dont support any cells ... like scene markers.

You should convert each of those vobs then import into a NEW wmm project individually only.

This guide is a little on the long side but pay attention to the huffyuv info.
    Quote Quote