VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi folks,

i have a few files on my pc that when i try to play them back give me video but no audio, they are originaly blu-ray rips which were mkvs.. i used mkv2vob to convert them to mpeg for playback on my ps3.. this worked fine (i didnt check the convert dts to ac3 option) i've since sold my ps3 and the files wont playback on my Oppo BD 83 or pc.. i get video but no audio. Is there any handy way to run these through a converter which will convert them to files with dolby digital? The audio is of DTS HD variant which i guess is why all the programs i've tried so far on my pc wont play the audio.. vlc etc.

the annoying this is if i click on the convert dts option in mkv2vob the audio works fine.. Trouble is i dont have mkvs for most of the files any more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated -here's the mediainfo details

Thanks,
    Mick

Format : MPEG-TS
    FileSize/String : 3.99 GiB
    Duration/String : 1h 26mn
    OverallBitRate/String : 6 638 Kbps
    OverallBitRate_Maximum/String : 35.5 Mbps
    Video
    ID/String : 4113 (0x1011)
    MenuID/String : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format_Profile : High@L4.1
    Format_Settings_CABAC/String : Yes
    Format_Settings_RefFrames/String : 5 frames
    BitRate/String : 4 641 Kbps
    BitRate_Nominal/String : 4 531 Kbps
    Width/String : 1 280 pixels
    Height/String : 544 pixels
    DisplayAspectRatio/String : 2.35:1
    FrameRate/String : 23.976 fps
    Resolution/String : 8 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    ScanType/String : Progressive
    Bits-(Pixel*Frame) : 0.278
    StreamSize/String : 2.79 GiB (70%)
    Encoded_Library/String : x264 core 65 r999M cc51047
    Encoded_Library_Settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=4531 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.0
    Audio
    ID/String : 4352 (0x1100)
    MenuID/String : 1 (0x1)
    Format : PCM
    Format_Settings_Endianness : Big
    Format_Settings_Sign : Signed
    MuxingMode : Blu-ray
    BitRate_Mode/String : Constant
    BitRate/String : 1 536 Kbps
    Channel(s)/String : 2 channels
    ChannelPositions : Front: L R
    SamplingRate/String : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution/String : 16 bits
    StreamSize/String : 946 MiB (23%)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Blu-ray ripping? Then just rerip from your original.
    Quote Quote  
  3. trouble is i dont have my blu-ray drive any more

cheers,
    mick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If its just the audio then use eac3to to convert to dolby digital. You'll have to decide if you want to keep the hd conversion or downconvert all the way to sd dd audio (ie 448kbps or lower not 640kpbs).

If you haven't already demuxed the audio file you should be able to do that with tsmuxer or multiavchd.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. tsmuxer cant detect stream type.. throws error when trying to open

Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    If its just the audio then use eac3to to convert to dolby digital. You'll have to decide if you want to keep the hd conversion or downconvert all the way to sd dd audio (ie 448kbps or lower not 640kpbs).

If you haven't already demuxed the audio file you should be able to do that with tsmuxer or multiavchd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try avstodvd. You said you converted it to an mpeg file right? When you load the file you have the option of deumxing the audio by selecting a check box at the bottom of the audio selection window after clicking the audio track.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. no joy its extracts the streams alright.. but all i get is hiss in the audio track
    Quote Quote