VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. No browser is perfect. I use Firefox because of it's customization options.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Firefox is losing market share to Chrome so I guess they decided that there was little to be gained by refusing to play DRM content other than making inexperienced users pissed off ("Stupid Firefox can't play the videos I want to watch!"), who would abandon it as being "crap" and move to Chrome.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    more like they "joined the crowd". any browser that didn't add the new drm wouldn't be able to play youtube videos anymore, because that's where the tube is going.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    .....sigh , another judge acting like they own them .
    Llamas are for life , not just for christmas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The reason people go to Chrome is because Google affords you some protection against the evildoers out there. They keep their sheep fat by fencing off the wolves.

Most people see Chrome as a Portal, but actually it's becoming an OS. It has a bright future. The other browsers are not so ambitious.
    Last edited by budwzr; 15th May 2014 at 16:17.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    The reason people go to Chrome is because Google affords you some protection against the evildoers out there. They keep their sheep fat by fencing off the wolves.

Most people see Chrome as a Portal, but actually it's becoming an OS. It has a bright future. The other browsers are not so ambitious.
    Isn't it already an OS? Available on Chromebooks?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, it's in the early stage of OS development. I wouldn't call it a full OS yet because it only runs Apps. I guess if you compare to Java and Android, yes it IS an OS. When I can edit video on a Chrome machine, THEN I would say it has "arrived".

But that's assuming desktops and laptops hang around. If big tablets are the future, and I think they are, then the Cloud scenario would implement much faster.
    Last edited by budwzr; 15th May 2014 at 16:39.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    The reason people go to Chrome is because Google affords you some protection against the evildoers out there.
    Except against the evildoer named «Google, Inc.», of course.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Google's evil is known at least.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!