VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm, this is an odd one. I am using the exact same version of both MKVMerge and TSMuxer that I have used to create many playable Blu-ray discs, but suddenly it seems that with every Blu-ray that I create, I cannot now use my 'Next/Previous' button to skip through the chapters. Very odd, because I have not changed anything that I know of.

I DO have to add 2 CMD line options to MKVMerge in order to allow my OPPO player to seek and FF & Rev at full 5x, but I did that a while ago (--engage no_cue_duration,no_cue_relative_position)

This has happened pretty recently with the last several Blu-rays that I have created. I first noticed it when I first used BDRB to import a few already prepared TSMuxer generated BDMV folders to create one playable disc with all three movies. Interestingly, at this time, ONE of the movies allowed me to skip through the chapters, but the other two just gave me the usual red circle 'prohibited' symbol. I had thought that it was something that BDRB did; but, now I am noticing it on ALL my subsequent, independent TSMuxer Blu-rays that I have created.

Any ideas...?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Other possible things to look into:

Did you update the Oppo firmware recently or is your player setup to do automatic updates? A firmware change could have unintended consequences.

Are you using a new type or brand of BD media that you haven't used before? For example, are you now using BD-R LTH discs whereas in the past you did not use LTH media?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Other possible things to look into:

Did you update the Oppo firmware recently or is your player setup to do automatic updates? A firmware change could have unintended consequences.

Are you using a new type or brand of BD media that you haven't used before? For example, are you now using BD-R LTH discs whereas in the past you did not use LTH media?
    Nope. Thanks Jman for the suggestions, but everything including the firmware version and the media is exactly the same. The OPPO is not connected to the Internet. Weird, huh...?

I would first think that it would be a revision to MKVMerge, but I've been using the Blue Panther version for a while now and it has been doing just fine. Same with the version of TSMuxer; I've been using that just fine for a while too.

Definitely a mystery why suddenly for some odd reason, I cannot step through the Blu-rays I make...

Thanks though...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!