VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a couple mp4 blu ray rips, (not sure of the properties etc, but they look fantastic) they are all 1 gig each and there are x4 so i want to put them on a blank dvd and create a menu, i did try this in sothink but it then was going to take 19 hours to create?? so i tried in another program which then started to take ages.. all iwant is to have the 4 files and a menu to click file 1, 2, 3 or 4 etc i dont want the files converted to a new format, is there anything out there?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just because they are 1GB each does not mean they will fit to one DVD....it does not work that way.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might be able to make a blu-ray/avchd with a basic menu and without converting using multiavchd. It will only work on some blu-ray players and computers with a blu-ray software player then.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The jobs are taking so long because those programs are converting your files to DVD format. It is possible to convert 4 movies into DVD format, but even with a dual layer disc the quality of what you get will be really bad.

You could just burn the files as they are to a data disc DVD and if you have some kind of player that can play MP4 files from DVD you could just pick the one you want to play. Really there's no need for a menu and insisting on this is just causing you to have problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First your movies are in a format that will not work in a DVD player, stand alone or software. The applications are taking so long because the have to convert the movies to DVD format, and it sounds like you have a slow PC if it is taking that long to convert to DVD, add to this Sothink probably is not optimized for speed. You would be better off using a tool that uses HC-Enc to convert you movies. Note the conversion process is destructive, (aka lossy) you will lose some quality even more so if you are going from HD to SD (i.e standard DVD) there is no way around this,

Second 4 movies on one disk only if they movies are SD and ou are using dual layer disk (9.5 GB) on a single layer disk (4.7 GB) the movies would look like crap. As suggested you may be able to to use mutliAvchd to create a blu-ray/avchd disk, but dot expect to be able to share these with your friends. You will have to play with the program settings to find what works with your hardware player and it may or may not work in other players. I find that software players are more forgiving with the disk created by multiavchd .
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your right jman, thanks.
    i just burnt the 4 files as a data disc, they play and look great.
    probably is easiest method then converting or spending ages trying to get a menu then lose pic quality..

thanks for replies everyone
    Quote Quote