VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I own a small business booking musical groups. I want to purchase a video camera that I can use to easily download videos to my website and youtube so people can hear bands, and small ensembles (acoustic groups) play. I don't want or need to spend alot of money. I realize this forum is for experts, I am a total novice. I am willing to spend up to $500 for something good. This is for my business website, and youtube.
    thanks

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This forum is far from being for experts only. Your question fits here perfectly.

Look into the Flash "flip" cameras.
    Amazon has a bunch: http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2F...reative=390957

Those are okay for web videos for your site or Youtube (but not really anything else).
    Easy to use.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I own a small business and I need a recommendation on a video camera that does good Audio. I am willing to spend up to $500.00 more or less. I realize this is a forum for experts, can you give me your expert advice?
    From your other post. A DV format camcorder (Digital8 or MiniDV) with an external audio jack will record uncompressed PCM. Use a Beachtek box to connect directly to the mixer.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it sounds like some cheap POS off craig's list for $29 should do it...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Samsung MX20 is small, fairly cheap ($200), uses SDHC cards, shoots in four qualities (YouTube up to HQTV - not HD but SD hi-quality), and the battery lasts for about three hours of shooting. It has a few minor flaws, however:

- wide screen flag is improperly set so you have to correct this using MPEG Streamclip (for example). If you're interested in low quality YouTupe videos, they're 4:3 so this isn't an issue.
    - you must use Samsung's genuine battery, not a bojack compatible; only Samsung's will work.

I've owned this camcorder for almost a year and am still using the original battery. It has a front-threaded lens so you can add a wide-angle adapter (for fish-eye, etc.) if you wish. No external mic port (darn).

Then again, the POS $29 unit suggested in a previous post might do the job for you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am willing to spend up to $500 to get good audio quality. Any other ideas? Good audio and video, that is easy to download.
    Quote Quote