VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Radeon 64mb VIVO... I have a VCR so I can capture Video and audio... But how would I set up Virtual Dub to capture audio? I can't find any advanced audio options. I have a Hercules Game Theater XP sound card and have the audio in the Line In. I have the Video in the Video In on the back of the video card, but sadly, there is no audio connection on the back of the card. I hear sound, just that it is not recorded. I would rather not use another program to capture sound and combine the two. And again, this is cable, so I probably cannot do that. The good news is that I get 0 dropped frames capturing 720x480 video using the PicVideo MJPEG codec... I'm just not getting any audio :(. Could anybody help me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I've understood right, it sounds like you have not selected line-in on the recording settings of your sound mixer. You can hear it because you have the playback setting for 'line-in' enabled and turned up, but that is not enough.

There is also an audio level setting in virtualdub (under the Audio menu in the capture window) where you can see if you are getting any audio in, and adjust the level.

(PS it is normal, to capture the sound via the sound card)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Just to make sure....

If you don't know how to open your record mixer, double click on the speaker next to that little clock on your taxk bar at the bottom. It shoudl open your full listening mixer.

Click on "Options", switch over to recording, make sure Line-in is checked off (And all that THAT check mark does is make the level slider appear in the mixer consol after you click "OK"

Once that is up, just check off "Select" under Line In....and make sure you level is up (but don't over-do it),
    Quote Quote  
  4. As the relevant ATI support page (http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/2227.html) says:

Ensure that RECORDING LEVELS are properly set in the SYSTEM SOUND MIXER

Double-click on the SPEAKER icon on the taskbar.

Select Options, Properties, then click the radio button which configures the mixer to "Adjust volume for RECORDING", and click "OK".

The title bar of the MIXER window should change to "Recording Control".
    KEEP THIS VIEW OF THE VOLUME CONTROLS OPEN WHENEVER YOU ARE CAPTURING SOUND.

Check the recording volumes on the mixer, to ensure that the audio channel carrying TV sound (typically Line IN) is set to a reasonable level. Also ensure that this channel is SELECTED and NOT MUTED (some mixers may show a "select" checkbox for each channel, while others have a "mute" checkbox).
    As Churchill famously predicted when Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in his time: "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war."
    Quote Quote