VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Friends: I have a few RW DVDs whose file system is RAW. I am unable to do anything with these disks in this file system. I tried to format them with UDF file system but was unsuccessful. Do anyone know a way I can do this successfully? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried ImgBurn? It's free.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just to be clear, with DVD & BD, there is no such thing as "RAW" filesystem. It could be a filesystem that your OS installation doesn't recognize, however. Know that 99.9999% of DVDs & BDs are supposed to (and DO) use the UDF filesystem (with some additionally having ISO9660 or similar). If it's expected as standard DVD-Video, it should be µ-UDF v1.02. If it is a DVD that uses packet writing, it should be v2.01 or above. If it is a BD, it should be 2.50 or above (usually 2.60).

Why are you trying to format them? Are they blank and you're just trying to put something on them? Then put them in the burner and use a recording app such as ImgBurn that jman98 suggested. They don't need to be formatted, unless you were trying to use them with DLA (drive letter access) where you can drag & drop files onto them. As such, the OS should do the formatting after you tell it you want that disc/drive to have DLA.

If you are trying to get something off of them, use ISOBuster.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!