VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a brief general guide on how to capture from the xbox360 using pc capture device .

A basic list of components that will be required .

1X 3.5 mm to RCA cable, 2 RCA female (Left and Right) to a 3.5mm stereo male

2x Dual RCA female to dual RCA female adapter (stereo rca barrel adapter)

Note : If passing through vcr , then only 1 is required , of course this is the prefered method allowing play and record similtaneously .

1x A/v extension lead ... try to keep them short (mines 25')

If you can only get hold of the dual lead , thats fine for the purpose .

----

Xbox360 is off .
    Set av lead to tv only , not hdtv .
    Connect yellow / red / white to vcr's av input .
    Turn xbox360 on .
    Turn tv on , and change to channel normally used to watch tapes .
    Switch vcr into av channel ... some have multiple inputs .

If all is well , the xbox360 is now on screen .

----

You will need to enter the xbox360's menu for display .
    Set to pal-60 , 480p ... anything else might bring up a "no can do" message .

For those from nstc countries ... you know not to set it to pal .

----

Leads :

Take one end of the av extension lead , and connect it to the a/v output from vcr (some tvs have this as well)
    On the other end of this lead , connect the rca adapter .
    On the other end of this adapter , you connect the "3.5 mm to RCA cable" (only the one carrying the audio)
    This then gose into linein on pc sound device .

The remaining rca connection from the extension a/v lead is carrying the video ... This gose to rca video input on capture device .

----

Depending on the capture device software used , there will be an option for VTR mode , its the opposite to tuner .
    Go into audio properties via volume icon > options > properties > recording

Make sure linein is selected , then ok , just make sure it is not set to mute , then close the audio properties box .

You should be beable to see the xbox360 now on screen , and hear the audio coming from pc speakers .

If not , check all cables related to audio from vcr to linein ... could always have a bad cable .

----

If all is well , set up preferences as to recording type and quality , and start the capture .

Go back to playing the xbox360 ... till your parents say its bedtime ... lol .

----

No , it dosent want anything to do with my dvdrx250 ... but I will investigate dvd recorders this week to see what is required .

My unit :

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cool, thanks for the guide.

My problem is that I know how to actually perform the capture, it's just that every device I have tried so far has issues with capturing PAL-60. I even emailed a TV tuner card companiy to ask if their product supported it, and they said no.

Have you tested this with a device under PAL-60? If so, would you mind posting a clip so I can see what quality to expect? And what device did you use?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It would be worth knowing the device in question ... anything "tv tuner" related in pc , is garbage .

Thats why I use the vcr when it comes to any form of tuning , and feed the output to the capture device via rca inputs .

Maybe the issue is your device dosent support rca inputs ... I know quite a few dont .

Actually , you just reminded me of an older method related to tv's with no rca inputs ... I'll pick up one of those things tomorrow for a test via tuner input .

===

I'll add this , because I had not listed the device used in the guide ... silly me

Avermedia dvd ezmaker gold pci can handle pal-60 ... cheap , yet good .

(The only thing that beats it in picture capture quality is the avertv usb2 , which I also have)

If your device cannot capture from pal-60 input , and support indicates "no" , then your after a new capture device that can .

===

For you , it be the leadtek winfast dtv1000 , but wait till I report on it ... it'll be here in a couple of days ... lists consoles as a possible input , and you have vista ... its vista certified .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can you make a video of how you do it and how you need to plug it in plz
    M.V.G
    The_Wananaz
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome The_Wananaz

We'll put it on the sideline till schedule clears ... a few days.
    Quote Quote