VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been using a Nikon D3100 to record videos in 720p and it looks fine. this Christmas, i got a Sony HDR-CX290. I recorded a video in 1080 60p (.mts format) and it looks very grainy. i looked at the video with media player classic, adobe premier elements 10, adobe after effects, and as a private video on youtube, and it still looks like this:

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I am used to recording less-grainy .mov's with my Nikon.
    I can give more technical details if they are required. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. That series sony tends to be grainy except in bright light. They also have tiny sensors that don't do much for sharpness. Convenient little cameras though, and a nice wide angle right out of the box.
    Quote Quote  
  3. so if i wanted to record a high quality video i should get another camera?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hmm, something really doesn't look right as I have a small Sony pocket camera that shoots 1080i and it is clear as a bell. Have a look at the youtube videos that show sony hdr-cx290 videos. You will see they are really sharp. Especially in 1080p. But even in 480 they look better than the photos you posted. Your camera shoots in 3 different formats. Try AVC/H.264
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote