VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    as the title suggests, i'm wondering if anyone knows of a really good matrix for x264. i seem to remember back when vcd/svcd was all the rage there were some scene groups that released some great encodes using tmpg and it was generally acknowledged that they were using custom matrices, so i'm wondering if anyone knows of something similar for x264.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by deadrats View Post
    as the title suggests, i'm wondering if anyone knows of a really good matrix for x264. i seem to remember back when vcd/svcd was all the rage there were some scene groups that released some great encodes using tmpg and it was generally acknowledged that they were using custom matrices, so i'm wondering if anyone knows of something similar for x264.

Nobody uses CQM's anymore since AQ got implemented in the main branch a few years ago

Before AQ, CQM's were used for specific situations, like a ultra low bitrate scenario, or a high grain scenario, high bitrate scenario, etc... There wasn't a "1 shoe fits all matrix"

If you want to play with some of the old matrices, there are a bunch at Doom9 forum. I would disable AQ if you are playing with them
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 6th May 2012 at 00:16.
    Quote Quote