VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know the best freeware tool for converting .flv files to ipod .mp4 files? One that you do not have to have the .url to use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Xvid4psp or videora will do it, as will WinFF and others. However you need to have the flv file.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use "TubeTV" to do this from either an URL it grabs from Firefox or from an existing .flv file on a Mac. TubeTV can also perform batch conversions of several .flv files at once. It does require OSX version 10.4.x or later, and you also need to install the free "Perian" extension which enables the actual conversion via Quicktime, using TubeTV as the front end. The conversions run dead slow on older G4 Macs but run pretty quickly on current Intel Macs.

EDIT: sorry, I somehow thought this question was posted under a Mac forum header, and noticed later it wasn't. I use both Windows PCs and Macs but my iPod is registered to a Mac, so I can't advise any PC freeware to use. guns1ingers recommendations above are popular choices for Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THANKS, Guns1inger
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i user orbit 'firefox plugin' to DL/capture the flv

then i use super to convert it to mp4
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello ,

You can give the quick media converter a try it does convert flv files to Ipod format and many more and as requested by you it is a freeware.

Good day
    Quote Quote