VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. had a vista Pc die out , and got new windows 8 , on the old PC this program did great ,, now all kinds of problems

Please take a sec to read , , , and if posted in wrong section i apologise. i haven't been in the forum for a while , and even had to re-sign up , , but anyways , , if you don't know this program but could recommend a good mkv/264 to dvd that's a good fit for windows 8 ,, i'm down to try about anything ,,

I got used to using this free program by effexx matrix called ( Total Video 2DVd) around $40 . but I was using free vers that would let you only do mkv2dvd without any watermarks etc,,

Now come to windows 8 ,, A lot of my programs are outdated ,, not just Free mkv ,, (nero , which i bought wanted me to buy a new vers,but that's a different story for diff day)

so it kept crashing etc. while using the free version , , so I broke down and purchased the full software "Total video 2dvd v3.30"

no junk hacks or serials , got the official software.

But it still crashes , , program will open , but evertime I load a file ,, (& tried several different ones) it either crashes , freezes, or I get a pop up from the software saying "DvdMenuEdit" out of memory ?

or if the file does load to the program (cus it has a menu edit thing) the buttons are outta place not showing right or if I can actually make it to the encode process , , it can get to 10 or 15 percent ,, and just crash "windows V2D has stopped working"

So there the issue best I can explain it ,, I really like this program but i emailed there support about it ,, and they bassicly told me they'll look into it , and to request a refund.

so i did that ,,

so Anyone have the same problems with this program or one like it? that can advise me ?

or

whats a good program to convert the mkv / 264 files into a dvd format.

or

any tips about clearing up memory ? even tho i checking task manager an it said i was using less than 40% of systems memory , , , but i did have another program i had to upgrade for windows 8 (expressit) an it also says something about low memory when loading a picture to print,, but it eventually does print. So it may be memory related.

I personally think this is all windows 8 related ,,, cus i hate it & if i could've bought a different PC at best buy on credit i would have , but they had nothing but windows 8 systems

Now , i wouldn't call myself a novice user ,, but all the tech upgrades over the past few years , and a lot of stuff going HD , Blu ray etc, , i just haven't kept up i guess,

so im lost , and in need of some good assistance from some one who knows the frustration and will help me pay it forward with the knowledge to the world ! lol ,, im just looseing it

I also tried windows compatibility where you can test last versions to run in like windows service pack for a prior system ,,, but had no luck.

so if you've took the time to read this , and understand my problem ,, god bless you
    Quote Quote  
  2. i got conv x ,, it does great on avi's and stuff like that . but when i try the mkv stuff with it ,, seems the finall product after encode has grey/silver spots in it and is lil pixelated , bhut love conv x ,, & is prob something to do with codec settings ,, that i prob may need to look into as well.

Avstodvd i never heard of or tried , but will look into it , , thx for quick reply
    Quote Quote  
  3. when installing avstodvd , in the installer it asks what I want to install ,, an only has one checked , , the others I think I may already have ,, an there not checked anyhow ,, but maybe a dumb question ,, but so I check these to install you think? ffdshow 1.3 haalia media spliter and active x controls , ,

I know im running somekinda ffdshow ,, not sure what build tho right off hand
    Quote Quote