VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    Using several programs such as dvd shrink or decreptor, I can rip
    a dvd and convert to a file like
    mp4 so that I can watch on tablet...
    but there is one dvd which I can not rip.
    not sure if it is because initially the dvd asks a few questions and you
    have to select yes/no to continue.
    any thoughts please?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would normally suggest MakeMKV, but the site seems dead and so do the forums.
    So, try the trial for AnyDVD and rip the disc to a folder. See if that works.

Yeah you heard it here first guys. MakeMKV's ...down/gone...who knows?!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    MakeMKV's hosting company is having issues. This is affecting a lot of sites, mostly in the Ukraine. It was reported a few days ago at MyCE. I downloaded the latest MakeMKV last night/early this morning and had no issues then.

But AnyDVD is more likely to work on new/tough forms of encryption anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by arkiboys View Post
    ...but there is one dvd which I can not rip...
    Curious; what DVD is that?
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by turk690 View Post
    Ditto.

What questions ?
    On a standalone dvd player ?

Does not sound like a standard movie dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Originally Posted by turk690 View Post
    Ditto.

What questions ?
    On a standalone dvd player ?

Does not sound like a standard movie dvd.
    hello
    it isnot a movie dvd.
    it is a workout dvd where it first asks if you would like to include music andi can select
    yes or no
    it then asks other similar questions
    then the workout is shown..
    thankyou
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is it a standard dvd-video? Browse the dvd on your computer and see if you can find a VIDEO_TS folder on it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Is it a standard dvd-video? Browse the dvd on your computer and see if you can find a VIDEO_TS folder on it.
    Yes, I can see that file.
    It also shows encrypted next to that file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    MakeMKV's hosting company is having issues. This is affecting a lot of sites, mostly in the Ukraine.
    Thanks for the info.

hello
    it isnot a movie dvd.
    it is a workout dvd where it first asks if you would like to include music andi can select
    yes or no
    it then asks other similar questions
    then the workout is shown..
    thankyou
    MakeMKV and AnyDVD are still the best candidates to make a backup if it is encrypted. Try those and let us know if either one worked.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    arkiboys - DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter haven't been updated in maybe 5 years now. The reasons are a long story I will skip, but they are finished and won't ever be updated again. They don't understand some of the newer copy protection methods that have come out since then, so that's why they don't work.

Being a workout DVD and not a movie, there is always a chance that the copy protection on it is something that none of the decryption programs have ever seen before and thus they won't know how to deal with it. The newer copy protection methods are mostly based on what is called "bad sector copy protection" and there are almost infinite variations possible on this. AnyDVD and MakeMKV have to be updated all the time as it seems like every month or two new variations on it come out. If your DVD won't rip with them, you may have to contact the makers of whatever product you used for ripping to see if they can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    arkiboys - DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter haven't been updated in maybe 5 years now. The reasons are a long story I will skip, but they are finished and won't ever be updated again. They don't understand some of the newer copy protection methods that have come out since then, so that's why they don't work.

Being a workout DVD and not a movie, there is always a chance that the copy protection on it is something that none of the decryption programs have ever seen before and thus they won't know how to deal with it. The newer copy protection methods are mostly based on what is called "bad sector copy protection" and there are almost infinite variations possible on this. AnyDVD and MakeMKV have to be updated all the time as it seems like every month or two new variations on it come out. If your DVD won't rip with them, you may have to contact the makers of whatever product you used for ripping to see if they can help you.
    Will I be able to use AnyDVD or MakeMKV to also convert to .avi or .mp4 or .wmv so that I can play it on a tablet?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by arkiboys View Post
    Will I be able to use AnyDVD or MakeMKV to also convert to .avi or .mp4 or .wmv so that I can play it on a tablet?
    Thanks

No. AnyDVD and MakeMKV are not converters. Transfer the files from the DVD to your HDD or make an MKV.

The easiest way for you to get it into another format is to use VideotoVideo Converter.
    Install it (decline adware, if any).

If you make a folder:
    Select File>Add DVD>Select DVD Folder [Select the folder you copied to your hard drive and tick the longest title (usually the main movie)].
    Select which format you wish to convert to, or select a device you use from the Preset tabs.
    Select an output folder, click Convert...and wait until it has finished the conversion.

If you make an MKV just drag it into VideotoVideo Converter and choose your format or a Preset and click Convert.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 25th Apr 2014 at 08:48.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Thanks

No. AnyDVD and MakeMKV are not converters. Transfer the files from the DVD to your HDD or make an MKV.

The easiest way for you to get it into another format is to use VideotoVideo Converter.

If you make a folder:
    Select File>Add DVD>Select DVD Folder [Select the folder you copied to your hard drive and tick the longest title (usually the main movie)].
    Select which format you wish to convert to, or select a device you use from the Preset tabs.
    Select an output folder, click Convert...and wait until it has finished the conversion.

If you make an MKV just drag it into VideotoVideo Converter and choose your format or a Preset and click Convert.
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by arkiboys View Post
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Thanks

If you make a folder:

Thank you
    These gave my machines viruses.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you had viruses already on your computer,people d/l from here often including myself and never get any viruses.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    I would normally suggest MakeMKV, but the site seems dead and so do the forums.
    So, try the trial for AnyDVD and rip the disc to a folder. See if that works.

Yeah you heard it here first guys. MakeMKV's ...down/gone...who knows?!
    Hi,
    Installed the AnyDVD ...
    Now, what do I do so that the DVD is converted into files where I can play it on a mobile phone or a tablet?
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  17. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try VidCoder
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Installed the AnyDVD ...
    Now, what do I do so that the DVD is converted into files where I can play it on a mobile phone or a tablet?
    Thank you
    Unfortunately, like many people, you are using the word "rip" to mean something different from how we use the term here. You really mean "rip AND convert" when you say "rip". We told you how to "rip", which means to copy the contents of a CD, DVD or BD disc to a PC and decrypt it if necessary. AnyDVD can only help you with the "rip" part of "rip and convert". Maybe Handbrake can do the kind of conversion you want.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by lovejelly View Post
    some softwares are helpless when decrept the new released DVD, however this situation do not apply to the rising Software---DMore Software which enables users to backup their precious DVD collections with amazing quality in a very short time.
    Yeah, well, you are likely the only one on this forum that knows anything about DMore or whatever it is called.
    If we haven't already heard about it, likely it is crapware.

There are also free to use decrypters that do have a KNOWN track record.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lovejelly View Post
    some softwares are helpless when decrept the new released DVD, however this situation do not apply to the rising Software---DMore Software which enables users to backup their precious DVD collections with amazing quality in a very short time.
    This member has only 16 posts. Read them. Several are pushing this crapware. Probably a spammer...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!