VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I edited a video in Movavi Video Suite 12 last night and now when I try to play it I am getting "cannot render the file."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Movavi help 4.png
Views:	1469
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	26336

I'm not sure why this happened or how to fix it. I have tried to play other mp4's using Real Player and they play fine. I did notice that almost all of the media info is missing for this file though vs what is on the other files.

Name:	Movavi help 1.png
Views:	1291
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	26337Click image for larger version

Name:	Movavi help 2.png
Views:	1045
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	26338

I'm a video editing noob so I really have no clue what any of it means.

I did also notice that in the editor, one of the source files does not have the yellow banner under it that the others did. I figured that probably means something also.

Name:	movavi help 3.png
Views:	372
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	26339

Any help that you guys could provide would be very much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try exporting your movie with a constant frame rate (29.97 is typical in the U.S.) -- variable frame rate can cause problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Try exporting your movie with a constant frame rate (29.97 is typical in the U.S.) -- variable frame rate can cause problems.
    I've never changed that before and it worked fine. Any reason why it would have an issue now? If I have to redo it I have to redo it but it takes 2.5 hours to save the file. Just want to make sure I'm not going to have to spend 2.5 hours over and over to troubleshoot
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Just saved the file again with a 29.97 bit rate. Same thing. Movavi can't even read its own file :/
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!