VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there I hope someone out there could please help me I have a dvd camcorder I recored on a disc it was double sided I formated the first side of the disc but no the second side and I stuck it in my computer on the side I didnot format now it seems like I lost everything will I be able to get it back. Thanks DeLena leogirl15425@yahoo.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you say format, do you mean format, or do you mean finalise ?

Formatting essentially wipes the disc of data ready for recording over again.

Finalising allows the disc to be read in other deives such as a PC or standalone player.

If you did not finalise, then you may not be able to see the content in your PC. Put the disc back in your camera, finalise it, and try again. Otherwise, you may be able to get the data using ISOBuster.

If you did not format the disc then either

1. It was preformatted, and you recorded to it, so you just need to finalise the disc
    2. The camera formatted it for you when you started shooting, so you just need to finalise the disc
    3. The disc was not formatted, the camera did not format it for you, so nothing was recorded to the disc and therefore nothing can be retrieved.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sorry I meant finalized the one sid and not the other sorry
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!