VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!
    I am new to DVD authoring. My machine came with the Intervideo Win DVD software. i like the gui.. Easy to use and intuative...

I also captured a bunch of VHS footage onto my machine.. It captured as mpeg 2 format (.mpg)

When I view the footage, everything looks great. When i author the DVD and view it in Author Preview mode, it looks great.. but as soon as I burn it, the lip sync goes off and trails the footage for a second or two.

I have searched the forums and I know a lot of people have sync problems, but I dont know what I am doing wrong. I am importing the mpegs into intervideo to make the DVD.

Please help!

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are the mpgs DVD compatible?
    Does WinDVD reencode it?
    Have you tried to author with something else?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought all MPEG was DVD compatible.. Guess I was wrong..

I havent tried with something else, because, of the few I downloaded trials off, they were all very non-intuative to me...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, an mpeg valid as DVD source material must meet some specifications - see "What Is" top left.
    Before proceeding, make sure your sources meet the specs. Then, author with a "real" authoring app like TMPGEnc DVD Author (really beginner friendly, with a 30 day trial) or DVDAuthorGUI (less friendly, but completely free).

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also have Pinnacle Studio Ver. 9. Will that work??
    All i want is this:

When I put the DVD in, a main menu pops up with either a PLAY ALL or CHAPTERS option. I dont need sub chapters for the chapters, either..

thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...Look, I gave you a few suggestions. Pinnacle Studio is just another allinone edit/encode/author combos that's more likely to ruin your sources than fix them. But it claims to be able to do all you want, so why not give it a shot?
    But seriously, if your sources are DVD compliant, go ahead and just author them with a dedicated authoring app like TDA or DVDAuthorGUI.
    If not, encode them to meet the DVD specs with a dedicated encoder like TMPGEnc, MainConcept...
    TDA is really, really easy to use. It will create the kind of menu you're looking for automagically.

/Mats
    Quote Quote