VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Everyone,

This is still the best site for this topic. But having not visited for some time I noticed all info for capture cards has disappeared, anyone why as I used to use that section for all the latest info? Or have I missed something?

Regards

Hartless
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anyone why as I used to use that section for all the latest info?

should read:

anyone know why as I used to use that section for all the latest info?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use a price comparison site instead, like http://pricespy.co.uk/category.php?k=460 and http://pricespy.co.uk/category.php?k=466

It was way too much work to keep our capture card list updated.
    Quote Quote  
  4. For standard definition capture there's nothing new in the last 10 years except for a flood of cheap, low quality, capture devices.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Other than the old ATI AGP All In Wonders -- if you can find one that still works with all its parts and a motherboard to match(!) -- the "new" device I see most often recommended is the ATI 600 USB or the ATI HD 600. Some PCI versions are still around. Also marketed as the Diamond TVWonder 600 and Diamond TVWonder HD 600. Ignore the "HD" -- they're both the same thing. Can capture to lossless with VirtualDub or record to MPEG. The other new ones aren't optimal for VHS, AFAIK from what some old pros say.

ATI's later 650, 700 devices, etc., have serious AGC problems.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are a fair number of recent HD capture devices available now, in addition to the SD ones. Maintaining an up-to-date list would indeed require some work.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LMotlow: thanks for the advice. I actually do have ATI AIW 32Meg into an AMD Barton board which works fine 10 years on. Although dont use much as have finished all VHS tape captures years ago. I simply wondered what had happened to capture card list.

I thought the list update would be too much, thanks to all!

Hartless
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!