VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is best way to re-encode original 1080p50 28Mbs videos. I want to keep fps and resolution and don't want quality drop too much. I tried ripbot and encoded to mkv file but it won't allow me to go over 8192 Kbs. I think this is bit too low and 14Mbs or something would be better.
    Quote Quote  
  2. MkvMerge. Just remux into an MKV container. No quality loss. If you want to reencode to make smaller files try MeGUI. But you will lose some quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried ripbot and encoded to mkv file but it won't allow me to go over 8192 Kbs
    You're not limited to the preset values in ripbot. You can enter a specific value in the box
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi all, I found this thread via google, because the issue is much like my own:

I own the Panasonic hdc-sd600, which also offers te option to shoot in 1080p50 / 28Mbps. As far as I can tell, these .m2ts files do not play correctly on my mediaplayer (HDX-1000h, similar to the Popcorn Hour). When I shoot in the best 'normal' mode (HA), the camera shoots in: 1920 x 1080 / HA / 17Mbps.

I can't really tell the difference in terms of video quality on my HDTV set, but the sound works fine in the HA mode, while the sound is out of sync in the 1080p50 mode.

So, I was wondering:

What is the better option?

1. Keep shooting in HA mode: everything works fine, no converting needed.
    2. Shoot in 1080p50 mode, and then convert the m2ts file to another file.

I guess option 2 would be the best choice if indeed the 50p and higher bitrate are superiour to the HA mode?

Can anyone give me some tips? I'd appreciate it... Quality is important for me, but I am kind of new to all this so still learning Thanks!
    Quote Quote