VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Have you succesfully used CCE with .avi and AC3?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok I have seen a few people ask how to resolve this question, but not one answer. Does anyone know?? Didnt anyone have this problem before???

I am using CCE SP, and I have a xvid file with ac3 audio. So i get CCE all set up to encode, and hit encode, and after 2 seconds it outputs a m2v file that says :ACM failed to suggest a compatible PCM format

So I reinstalled my AC3 codec, still nothing. I tried using .KillAudio() at the end of my avisource, still no luck.

As well i am working with the audio seperatly, dmuxing it using virtual dub mod. so i uncheck the option for an audio output file in CCE, and it still is complaining about PCM format, I DONT WANT AUDIO YOU STUPID CCE!!!!!

Everything works fine on all other .avi files, just AC3 is making CCE retarded.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I'll count to ten, and then calm down...

How dare you blame poor old CCE

Alrighty, can i assume you're frameserving with AVISynth?? If you are, CCE v2.5 has a bug that requires a fake audio.
    I'm not familiar with the KillAudio() command, but at www.AviSynth.org, do a search for Addaudio(), and it sends CCE an empty audio stream..

Therefore, any .AC3, or .AC3 to .WAV conversions should be done with outside utilities....
    Quote Quote  
  3. No dice. I did what it said and still i get the same error i have always been getting. That AddAudio() was just to replace that other function resample audio. But i never needed to use resampleaudio because I have never had a problem. CCE is not recognizing the very simple fact that I unchecked the audio box so i dont want audio. Or else i guess it is not understanding what AC3 is which is kinda dumb since there is 2 ac3 codecs installed. Or is mabye that a problem that ffdshow or whatever codec it is to kinda do everything in one?

I am almost certian this is an audio related problem because I have encoded other avi files with no problems at all. But throw it a AC3 DIVX at it, and well its like poision, and makes CCE act like it had one too many to drink. So how can i pump CCE's stomach (or give it charcoal if thats what it wants) So it is no longer a drunken bum that cannot figure out one audio from another??? Is there a flag for CCE to tell it to sober up and ignore all audio under any circumstance?

Yes i am frameserving with AviSynth
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, since there seems to be very sparse information on resolving this problem. And there seems to be very few people who know about this problem, let alone know how to solve it, I am going to look for an alternate method.

Is it possible to just extract the video using virtual dub or something similar, so there is no audio to confuse CCE, and then encode? Or does the audio have to be there in some form?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tonofsteel
    OK, since there seems to be very sparse information on resolving this problem. And there seems to be very few people who know about this problem, let alone know how to solve it, I am going to look for an alternate method.

Is it possible to just extract the video using virtual dub or something similar, so there is no audio to confuse CCE, and then encode? Or does the audio have to be there in some form?
    Yes. Go to the AUDIO menu in VirtualDub and set to NO AUDIO then set VIDEO to DIRECT STREAM COPY then SAVE AVI

This will save an exact copy of the original but the new AVI file will just be VIDEO with no AUDIO

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok just one more question. This wont screw up syncing audio and video in the final file will it? I am not too familiar with how mepg encoding works but CCE does not need any audio to set flags for syncing or anything does it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might want to try this utility also ...

AC3 ACM DECOMPRESSOR
    Install this and you can convert/decompress AC3 audio directly to WAV/MP3 using Virtualdub. This also works with AVIsynth, TMPGEnc, allowing you to use AC3 encoded AVI files, not normally recognised.

I've used it with TMPGEnc and it does work. Not sure if it will work with CCE but I don't see why not.

"The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tonofsteel
    Ok just one more question. This wont screw up syncing audio and video in the final file will it? I am not too familiar with how mepg encoding works but CCE does not need any audio to set flags for syncing or anything does it?
    No you can do the audio seperately. Assuming the original was in sync there shouldn't be a problem doing it seperately.

The newest version of VirtualDubMod makes it very easy to demux AC-3 audio from an AVI file.

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No dice. I did what it said and still i get the same error i have always been getting. That AddAudio() was just to replace that other function resample audio.
    Okay, you've got a few things messed up here..First of all, ResampleAudio(), and AddAudio() are two different things..
    Did you copy the text that the Avisynth site tells you??
    If you look at the syntax of the guts of the text, it's creating a FAKE audio..
    http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=AddAudio

If this is what you did do, then i would personally 1) save out as separate .WAV, and silent .AVI files..2)Remerge the two and use this as your source video..
    The bonus of this is, that you can of course check for synchronization within the .AVI before it gets encoded.

Good luck!!!
    Quote Quote