VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

So I'm a noob to video editing and such so I'll try to explain what's wrong.
    So when I import this MP4 file into Sony vegas it looks like this (https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/vfWmczZ.jpg)
    It also looks grey when I import it into AE. I installed Xvid, Quicktime, K lite MP4 codecs, ffdshow, and something with x264 both 32 and 64bit.

Here's a program I found with stats on the video (https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/MWpOTdB.jpg)

So what I used to record the video was a mod for a video game. I saw something with x264 I don't know if that's useful info though.

Mentioned in thread for recorder mod:

''It is highly recommended to also install a video encoder to heavily speed up recording and save disk space:
    Windows: Download the latest x264.exe (32bit/64bit 8bit-depth) from x264.nl and move it inside "bin" in your Minecraft directory.''

I had a movie on my PC, which was a mp4 file, and it imported fine into vegas.

So this is all I know and I hope someone can help me fix this problem because I've been trying to fix it way too long.
    Quote Quote  
  2. does file play in a media player? e.g. mpchc, vlc, potplayer ?

what does mediainfo (view=>text) say about the file ? copy & paste the text back here
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    does file play in a media player? e.g. mpchc, vlc, potplayer ?

what does mediainfo (view=>text) say about the file ? copy & paste the text back here
    It does play in VLC

Here is the Mediainfo thing https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/vsqdZgz.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by teunkoerts View Post
    I asked for the text view , but that' s enough info . You're using the lossless variant of x264, and it's not supported in vegas or AE. You need to change the settings from qp 0 or crf 0 to something non zero when recording. Or you can re-encode it with non lossless settings and it should import into vegas
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by teunkoerts View Post
    I asked for the text view , but that' s enough info . You're using the lossless variant of x264, and it's not supported in vegas or AE. You need to change the settings from qp 0 or crf 0 to something non zero when recording. Or you can re-encode it with non lossless settings and it should import into vegas
    And how can I do that?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can re-encode it with something like ripbot, megui, xvid4psp, handbrake etc... They are all GUI's for x264
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You can re-encode it with something like ripbot, megui, xvid4psp, handbrake etc... They are all GUI's for x264
    And what can I do to make it non losless whilst it recording?
    I'm really bad with this stuff.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. I don't play minecraft.

If there is something labelled CRF or QP in the recording options, set it something to something other than zero. If you post a screenshot of the recording options screen someone might be able to give you more instructions
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I don't play minecraft.

If there is something labelled CRF or QP in the recording options, set it something to something other than zero. If you post a screenshot of the recording options screen someone might be able to give you more instructions
    The modder is inactive and you only drag a rar file into minecraft's program folder.
    Only sign of the mod in game is the actual recording and a start and stop button. No settings or anything.
    AND I had to download a file called x264.exe and drag that in too.

Is the x264.exe file somehow editable?

If that's all you know though, thanks for the help!

I'm sorry if I sound like a noob.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. x264.exe is the executable for the encoder

Upload the rar file, if it contains a configuration file, or something to input into x264 then you might be able to modify it
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    x264.exe is the executable for the encoder

Upload the rar file, if it contains a configuration file, or something to input into x264 then you might be able to modify it
    It wasn't a rar file actually it might be a zip or jar file. Both accesable via winrar I guess.

I'll post the link to the thread.

It's under download and then Minema v2.0-beta3

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1280148-minema...movie-recorder

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm not a programmer

But looking at x264.class in the folder : info\ata4\minecraft\minema\client\video\encoder with a hex editor, there is a qp setting and it's set to "0"

I don't know if you can edit .class files with a hex editor. But I tried anyways and I put it as "1" and saved it in the same directory structure, and zipped it up

So backup your own files, and use at your own risk - I have no idea if it will work, but that "qp 0" definitely relates to whether or not lossless mode is being used or not
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I'm not a programmer

But looking at x264.class in the folder : info\ata4\minecraft\minema\client\video\encoder with a hex editor, there is a qp setting and it's set to "0"

I don't know if you can edit .class files with a hex editor. But I tried anyways and I put it as "1" and saved it in the same directory structure, and zipped it up

So backup your own files, and use at your own risk - I have no idea if it will work, but that "qp 0" definitely relates to whether or not lossless mode is being used or not
    The moment I press the recording button the game crashes.
    Atleast I know what's going on and I'll ask a modder on the minecraft forums if they can edit it.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  14. If they figure it out and get it working (how to edit .class files properly), post back because I'm curious

EDIT: apparently its JAVA
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/mods-discussio...ss-file-editor
    Quote Quote  
  15. There is a post there saying to use notepad++, so I tried same thing using notepad++ instead of hex editor. No idea if it will work, it sounds like you have to decompile it, edit, then recompile it
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!