VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

The past couple of months I have been using Total Video Converter to convert my video's to any kind of format with subtitles, but few days ago my pc crashed. I had to reinstall Windows 8 on my machine and I have also installed K Lite Mega Codec Pack. After that I installed Total Video Converter 3.71 (registered version). Now when I try to convert my video to a format (no matter which format) with subtitles I get this message:

Failed to add video hook function: Subtitlehook -f D:\ ....

When I press ok then TVC does start converting but without subtitles

I am absolutely not familiar with the technical side of these kind of things (you are talking to big noob), but because TVC used to work like a gem for me I am trying to understand what went wrong

Can someone explain in easy words what I have done wrong that is causing this problem? If the problem is too complicated can someone tell me a software that is like Total Video Converter (a programm that converts any type of video data to any kind of format with subs). I have noticed that Super is a favorite software of many people, but as far as I know there isn't an option to add subtitles

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you really need that codec pack ? I do not think TVC uses it.

Codec packs cause more problems than they solve.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quickly uninstall that codec crap lite and install ffdshow.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote