VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hey,

I downloaded a few movies that were in AVI format.

I used the latest Nero 7 Ultimate Edition with all the nesscary updates applied to convert from AVI to a DVD movie (vob format).

I used Nero Vision to create the movie and then Transcode the movie and then burn to DVD.

The first few movies I converted from avi to dvd using Nero 7 Ultimate Edition worked perfect and was able to watch with no video or audio loss.

However, there is one movie in which about the first hour the video and audio were great, but the reaminder of the movie the video was really choppy, almost like the DVD had been scratched but it's not scratched.

1) What could be causing this problem and is there a solution? Nero stated that a lot of the content in this movie was PAL but will convert it to NTSC, could this also be causing the problem?

2) what is the best program to use to convert avi to dvd (vob format)?

3) What is the best program to use to convert vcd or svcd to dvd (vob format)?

Thanks!

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    2. ConvertXtodvd for downloaded video.
    3. SVCD2DVD or ConvertXtoDVD.

Search Comp PM
    What media are you burning to ? Poor quality media can cause similar problems.

Personally, I wouldn't let Nero convert or burn. I would either use ConvertXtoDVD is you just want it done fast, or learn how to do it the manual way if you want it done well.

Always burn DVD content with imgburn 2
    Read my blog here.

4. Hey,

The media I use is either Maxwell DVD R- or RetailPlus DVD R-.

You mentioned that if I want to convert fast use ConvertXtoDVD, but if I wanted it done well to do it manually.

Sorry as I'm a newbie to this stuff, what do you mean do it manually? Do I use certain programs and is there documentation on how to do it manually?

So imgburn2 is the best software to burn DVD content?

Thanks for your help!

Search Comp PM
    Please don't double post the same problem.
    Google is your Friend

6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM