VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought Pinnacle 17 and am still struggling with it. I then upgraded to Pinnacle 17.5. I previously used Pinnacle 12.

When I was using Pinnacle 17, I was able to create scenes in Organize mode AND could delete scenes before going into Edit mode. Using 17.5 last night, I tried to do the same, but was unable to delete scenes. I searched the internet, looked at the manual, but no luck.

Can anyone please help or should I re-install Pinnacle 17 to have this function-I find this very useful.

Secondly, apart from the Pinnacle manual, which I find vague, are there other pdf tutorials available? I find the jump from 12 to 17 extremely steep.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hope that I am interpreting your question correctly.

Click on the ORGANIZE button and then select the Collections: Latest Import tab. In the Collection: Latest Import panel, RIGHT-CLICK and select Quick import. Navigate to the hard drive/folder and select file(s) to import.
    To delete scenes just right-click scene(s) and choose DELETE SELECTED in the dialog box that pops up. You can CONTROL-CLICK to select multiple scenes to delete. You can also press the DELETE key instead of RIGHT-CLICKING.

If you want to trim video clips before dropping them on the timeline, DOUBLE-CLICK the clip in the COLLECTION: LATEST IMPORT panel. In the CORRECTIONS dialog box that opens, drag the orange markers to trim the video.

Brainiac

Press the EDIT button and select scenes and then drag to the timeline.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    avz10 try going here to start in Pinnacle Studio Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU4gEnV7aMA
    If it feels good, do it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the way I am doing it.

The clip that I want to delete scenes from

To detect scenes (wrong clip is highlighted, as I have already detected the scenes in the clip that I use as an example)

Open the scenes:

The scenes displayed

Right click to delete scene : No possibility to delete scene

But you can delete a clip

Pinnacle 17- the process that I followed:

The scenes displayed

Able to delete scenes

There must be something that I do wrong- In 17, I can delete clips and scenes, in 17.5 I can only delete clips not scenes.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!