VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But what about us? Adobe Photoshop is one option. Frame-by-frame. Until someone shares this software that the big studios use, I think that's where us pro-sumer guys are.

Can anyone add anything constructive?
    Last edited by dwsiddall; 5th Jul 2014 at 12:27. Reason: Critics
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Better to start a new thread and link to that old one.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You really have no idea how monumental a task it is to attempt to stereo-ize and restore & uprez material, much less surround-ize, colorize & dimensionalize. Ambitious with a capital "A", but also with a capital "MBITIOUS".

Assuming you already have copyright allowance to work with some material (or created it yourself), you will need tons of time, talent/effort & money to effect a high quality result.
    And there is no such thing as a single pro software that fully operates on and automates this stuff. It is a combination of a number of special-purpose & proprietary customisation apps cobbled together with lots of manual intervention & adjustment. There is unique and intrinsic value in those apps and that makes them $$$$ if they were even available for sale (most aren't). It is basically foolhardy and unrealistic to assume this is a totally commoditizable consumer-friendly field.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's some light reading on the subject https://www.google.com/patents/US4606625
    When I read the post it brought back a migraine to the early days of stereo sound for TV when I was asked by the head of programs "to make an old mono sound documentary into the new stereo sound!" Well 3 weeks later and fortunately the original full coats of dialog and M&E's had been stored in archives. New stereo background atmosphes and music added, FX sort of spread with a few obvious impact noises almost hard left and right and a faux stereo version was produced. I think about 3 people actually heard our work on air at home.... the point of this as Cornucopia said it's not a simple consumer device that can do this let alone the complexities of doing all those frames . The bottom line is it, to my ancient eyes and ears is faux ... but for some as Henri the ennui cat would say "some people prefer self delusion to reality"
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. I agree. I'd much prefer the original B/W version. Not constructive, I guess..... sorry.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!