VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys i just bought a new Sony Blu Ray player cheap last night from a friend who works in retail. Being in Australia the DVD (not BR) is locked to region 4 being Pal which means i cant play NTSC DVD's.

Does anyone know how i can crack this with any macrovision codes etc like the ones used for standard standalone DVD players....the player is perfect for my needs but need the DVD to be region free.....thanks in advance ppl
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can't. There are no region free BluRay players. There are a few hardware modified BluRay players that can play region 1 and 2 DVDs and Zone A and B BluRay discs, but I've never heard of anything that supports region 4 DVDs. Then again, I don't live in Australia. Perhaps you can find some place there that can modify your player with hardware to do what you want, but it is expensive. It adds about $300 US to the price here, so don't expect to get by cheap, if you can even find someone to do it. By the way, I don't know of any mod that removes Macrovision. Macrovision could only be removed on some older, no longer made, DVD players that came from China and that was years ago. I have never heard of any DVD player made in the past 3-4 years that can turn off Macrovision.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I change the region on my DVD- S500 EB-K
    Quote Quote