VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This model has a samsung spinpoint sv1604n(160gb) 5400rpm hdd. I have a sp1604n(160gb) 7200rpm.Can i swap the 5400 for 7200,will the recorder still work
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why not give it a try? It should format it automatically according to another post, but that wasy for the same type hd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The sp1604n 7200rpm hdd swap did work on the dmre95h .But i lost all my tv programmes on the original hdd when i swapped it back it ask to format the disk.

Has anyone upgraded the hdd on the dmre85 model to 120gb or 160gb,does the dmre85h use samsung spinpoint hdd
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by madsharpei View Post
    This model has a samsung spinpoint sv1604n(160gb) 5400rpm hdd. I have a sp1604n(160gb) 7200rpm.Can i swap the 5400 for 7200,will the recorder still work
    I would hope so
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by madsharpei View Post
    The sp1604n 7200rpm hdd swap did work on the dmre95h .But i lost all my tv programmes on the original hdd when i swapped it back it ask to format the disk.

Has anyone upgraded the hdd on the dmre85 model to 120gb or 160gb,does the dmre85h use samsung spinpoint hdd
    I can't answer that specifically, my guess is it should not matter the branding. someone please correct me if you know better.

I have replaced the drive e110h with similar sized drive as I know of no way to flash the eprom to allow a larger hdd or whatever else may be necessary to do so, but it was easy to do.

and that's too bad you didn't copy the contents of the drive PRIOR to returning it back into the machine....that reminds me of my panasonic replay tv box I tossed out......I don't hardly throw anything out, but this thing I toss out then regret it later....oh well
    Quote Quote