VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi I just bougth a Yamaha DRX 730 ioand I cant find no hacks to make it region free, anybody can help me:

thanks

math
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You should have looked to see if it was hack-able BEFORE you bought it. Some can never be hacked.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Bom dia Math,

check this forum http://forum.pioneerdivx.net/viewtopic.php?p=15534#15534. Your Yamaha player has a Pioneer firmware. The patched firmware version can be found on this site.

First you have to register and log in into the forum (only after registering yourself you are allowed to download the patched firmware). Read the whole forum. Download the CD ISO File (S8CA1246_patched_CD_ISO.zip), burn the image on a CD, don't forget to label the CD "PIONEER" otherwise it might not work, put the disc in the tray and follow the on screen instructions (press PLAY when you are asked, remove the disc from the tray when it opens).

After that you have a "multiregion switch": to change to region 0, hold ENTER until player restarts; to change back to original region, hold CLEAR until player restarts. The OSD of the player nicely reports "Region 0" after doing this.

Hope to have helped.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you very much about the ISO file!! It worked!!!!! Now my player is free for the world!!! lol

very best!

math
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello! I also have a Yamaha 730 which is region 1 and would very much like to make it region free.

I downloaded the ISO file, burned a DVD but the player said it couldn't read this disk.

I burned a second DVD and got the same msg from the player. Can't read the disk.

I welcome your help. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by lordeingles; 28th Dec 2010 at 18:04.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi lordeingles,

I think you should use a CD not a DVD, but I am not sure.
    Are you sure you burnt the image correctly? What files do you have on the CD after burning? If you have a file with the extension .ISO on the CD, this is not good. The CD should contain a file called "S8CA1246.BIN" after burning the image and be labeled "PIONEER".
    Then please consult your burning software manual on how to burn an image.

Success!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ano,

Thanks for the note. My unit has been region free for some months now.

As you hinted, I eventually tried to burn it into a CD and it worked.

lordeingles
    Quote Quote  
  8. This website is no longer available, not even the file can be found on any search mechanism. Does any of you still have a copy of the file?

Thanks,

Luiz
    Quote Quote