VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This seems to be an elusive code to find. This forum is the only place i've even managed to find mention of this player; the hack i found to enter the code menu works, but the only code offered is for switching between regions 1 and 2, but this also seems to switch the player resolution between NTSC and PAL (or i guess that's what's happening - after entering the new code the player doesn't work with my TV until i re-enter the old code anyhow).

My understanding of how this all works is vague at best, so i'm reluctant to start entering codes at random to see what happens - does anybody have the multi-region code for this player? I'd be embarrassingly grateful if you could let me know...

Cheers
    J
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We get posts like yours all the time and there is no harm in asking. However, I'd say that 99 out of 100 don't get help. 1 out of 100 gets someone to post with a code that almost nobody knows and that can't be found on any website or by an internet search, at least not very easily It does happen, but it's rare.

Some DVD players cannot be made region free. Others used to be able to be made region free but no longer can due to changes by the manufacturer in the DVD player hardware that break (maybe deliberately) the codes. Hollyweird seems to have gotten to just about everybody in the USA that sells a DVD player and it is getting harder and harder to find those that can be made region free. Even Philips, who in recent years simply didn't seem to make a player that couldn't be made region free, seems to have done an about face for players sold in North America and we get a lot of "Why doesn't this code work in my player?" type posts.

Good luck, but your story may not have a happy ending.

By the way, switching the player automatically to PAL if it's in region 2 mode is completely idiotic. I'm not saying you are an idiot, I'm saying LG is if that is what they did. Japan, which is NTSC, is in region 2. Usually TV output can be switched between PAL and NTSC without regards to region on players that let you set TV output explicitly (many do). I don't get this at all unless maybe LG only sells this player in Europe and not Japan for region 2 use.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a newbee, but having searched a bit for DP771 codes, came up with a solution involving a download that you need to burn on a disk. (Further serching shows this as standard for the LG781 as well - and that it may be the same solution as for AIWA).
    Anywho - check this out:
    http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=176&Thread=677384

I haven't tried it yet, but if I buy the LG, I will repost with results.
    Cheers,
    RICOS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the above method and it works great. Very easy.

Once you have unzipped the file to your hard drive, double clicking on the file name will open Easy CD Creator, and set up the file writing for you. All you have to do is select you CD drive and tell it go. It will burn a file onto the CD and you will end up with a file structure that looks like this: \RMTM0000\Scarlet\ with a single file in the folder named kpjc19_1. (This is the required file structure.) There is also a readme file on the CD, but it doesn't seem to have any impact on the operation. When you put the CD into the player, you'll get a funky blue screen on the DVD, with directions to select the Region. Select 0 on the remote for multi-region and exit with the "pause" button.
    Quote Quote  
  5. works a treat exactly as per instructions. nice1
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by raindancerob View Post
    works a treat exactly as per instructions. nice1
    Don't post to say "Thanks". It's great that you got helped but if everybody did that, some of the threads would have hundreds of posts that just say "Thanks".
    Quote Quote