VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some clips in After Effects CS3 with contain many 1000's of strokes/brushes created with the "Paint" tool.

All are the same colour. Only the opacity and shape varies.

Is it possible to similtaneously change the colour of a selected group existing brushes/strokes? Say 300 or 600 or 1000 at a time?

I only know how to change each stroke individually, which would take forever.
    Quote Quote  
  2. One way to do it is to copy the effect to an adjustment layer (disable the effect for the original layer) and change the color that way (apply some color effect to the adjustment layer)

To select specific strokes instead of them all on the paint layer, you would need to crtl-select each stroke (with the layer expanded) before copying to the adjustment layer
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks - I'm now halfway there!

I copied Paint strokes to an Adjustment Layer above, and disabled the Paint FX on my main layer of video footage.

Trouble is, when I apply an effect (ie. hue and saturation) to the adjustment layer, changes also affect all of the video below, not just the Paint strokes in my adjustment layer.

How do I isolate the color changes I make?

Here's a screenshot of my workspace at the moment (all brushes have been copied over, I'm just not showing them):

Quote Quote  
  4. Duplicate the layer (assuming you want all the strokes affected), on the top layer toggle the Paint on Transparent to "on", then apply your color effect
    Quote Quote  
  5. Brilliant.

Thanks PDR. Still here, still sharing your awesome knowledge.
    Quote Quote