Hello. I have a fair bit of experience editing with FCP, but exporting was never a problem until now... and I'm afraid FCP has left (almost said rendered) me clueless, frustrated and full of fear. Here is my struggle:

I have a 20-minute movie shot on no-nonsense DV-NTSC in 16:9 on an HVX. As edited, the aspect ratio displayed in the final sequence "settings" is at 3:2. As with before, I have done a fair amount of color correction, audio filters and transitions, and rendered all of them. Movie looks good, plays good, time to export -

The difficulty is in creating a quicktime (NOT a FCP file) that is faithful both to the aspect ratio and to the postproduction effects. This is not meant to be a final output, but still a high-enough-quality .mov I can upload onto an FTP and send to people involved in the production so we can begin sound mixing. (sorry if this is too much backstory, I just want to be clear - I'm not at DVD authoring yet.) In every instance,

a. color is washed out,
b. aspect ratio is squished,
or
c. both.

I don't really know what export settings are necessary to preserve the movie as it's appeared for the last few months within the FCP playback... so I've been blindly exporting, hoping minor changes in the settings will provide me with what I need. Is this a gamma/RGB problem? Anyone got any ideas? I appreciate your reading this.

picture%201.jpg