VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now that most people had a chance to try Cinavia removal with CinEx HD, CloneBD and DVDFab, Which one do most people like or prefer?
    Quote Quote  
  2. CinEx HD so far is the best one for me with no errors and quality is great and almost up to date on the latest Cinavia releases
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by amasterpiz View Post
    CinEx HD so far is the best one for me with no errors and quality is great and almost up to date on the latest Cinavia releases
    Did you try all three for comparison.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    Originally Posted by amasterpiz View Post
    CinEx HD so far is the best one for me with no errors and quality is great and almost up to date on the latest Cinavia releases
    Did you try all three for comparison.
    No, he's spamming the forum.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Not spamming. Just my two cents. I have all three. CLONEBD is great for backups but doesn't remove the cinavia that easy like CinEX and dvdfab is the same as CLONEBD but better cinavia support. CinEX is the easiest to use. But people should try the trials to see what you like
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With all the proliferations of media players that ignore Cinavia I just wonder how many people actual bother to burn discs anymore. Media players like Popcorn and Dune and WDTV are not bothered by it. I use MakeMKV to copy all my DVD's and Blu ray discs that then go into storage room and the whole library is accessible on any device via the central NAS. Apart from popping a disc into the PC haven't used my BD or DVD player for years. So no loss of quality, video or audio etc.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    With all the proliferations of media players that ignore Cinavia I just wonder how many people actual bother to burn discs anymore. Media players like Popcorn and Dune and WDTV are not bothered by it. I use MakeMKV to copy all my DVD's and Blu ray discs that then go into storage room and the whole library is accessible on any device via the central NAS. Apart from popping a disc into the PC haven't used my BD or DVD player for years. So no loss of quality, video or audio etc.
    ^^Yes.

I too haven't used my Blu-Ray standalones for years now. Why bother?
    I have an HTPC in the HT and lots of storage space for my MKVs.
    Plex for the Rokus in the rest of the house.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, Probably a lot of people stream but with all the posts in forums on different sites it still seems like a lot of people still burn to disks with me as one of them, I like to back up my favorite movies on disks, I'm sure there is a lot of people who buy movie disks then have someone borrow them and don't want them ruin so a backup would be great. fritz93, I got the Roku 4 and just got the Plex app but have yet to hook it up or try to stream, Does it work great for you?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well, I used to back up all my BDs to BDRs. Sure, no doubt plenty of others still do it.
    Then I realized I was just filling up boxes in a storage room with backups, right next to the originals.
    And neither originals nor backups were played again.
    Backing up to physical disc is rather a pain anyway. Cinavia is just another reason not to do it. IMO.

When one neither has little children, nor lends out one's BDs, there's little reason to continue.
    I can't recall the last time a friend asked to borrow a Blu-Ray.
    Just about everyone, it seems, has Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, whatever, which likely has something to do with it.

Plex works fine on my Rokus on the odd occasions we watch MKVs elsewhere than the Home Theater.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Well, I used to back up all my BDs to BDRs. Sure, no doubt plenty of others still do it.
    Then I realized I was just filling up boxes in a storage room with backups, right next to the originals.
    And neither originals nor backups were played again.
    Backing up to physical disc is rather a pain anyway. Cinavia is just another reason not to do it. IMO.

When one neither has little children, nor lends out one's BDs, there's little reason to continue.
    I can't recall the last time a friend asked to borrow a Blu-Ray.
    Just about everyone, it seems, has Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, whatever, which likely has something to do with it.

Plex works fine on my Rokus on the odd occasions we watch MKVs elsewhere than the Home Theater.
    I agree 100% with you about boxes full of disks and don't know what to do with them, But with 10 kids in my family someone is always asking to borrow and it seems like it is me there asking all the time, Glad the Roku works good as I will find out tomorrow hopefully.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never had any problems removing Cinavia with CloneBD.
    Quote Quote