VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok my computer never had a graphics technically it says it has a nVIDIA GeForce 6150LE but i've been told its not really a grphx card.

So i bought a Zotac nVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 256mb GDDR2 graphics card becuase I needed a HDMI port.

But ever since i did the picture quality on my videos and pictures in dark scenes on the background just look wrong. If u take a look at these screens i posted u can see.. is this bcuz the graphics card is bad or does graphics card even have to do with picture quality? IF anyone knows why my videos look like this i appreciate it bcuz before i bought this graphics card it didnt look like this..

Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    a couple of things; your computer had an integrated video card that used shared memory, while it may not have been a discrete add in card it was still a video card. you then bought an add in card but before installing it did you remember to uninstall the on board gpu, uninstall the drivers and disable it in the BIOS? if not that should be your first step. then you add in your 8400gs, install the latest drivers and we go from there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Good advice, after that find smarter people to tell you things, the ones you mentioned are completely clueless.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i don't get it. isn't disney crap supposed to look like that?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    Good advice, after that find smarter people to tell you things, the ones you mentioned are completely clueless.
    I am confused..... Find what smarter people ?
    The one's "who" mentioned ?

Who mentioned anyone or any people and who is smarter than these "mystery" people ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Be sure your desktop is running at 24 or 32 bit color depth. Try changing the renderer in whatever player you are using.
    Quote Quote  
  7. hmmmm, running multiple GPUs should have no impact on the performance of the card. Yes, if it's shared memory you could be using up RAM for the onboard card but it should not impact performance of the new graphics card with its own memory. It is a good idea to disable your onboard graphics device if you are not using it as to aviod taxing RAM but this is likely not your problem. It looks like a color bit depth issue or maybe your driver for the new card is not working well with your OS. Without seeing what the video looks like "normally" it's really hard to tell.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Taking an animated disney cartoon and viewing it beyond its original resolution will introduce problems ... it can also be the video software playback fault.

Enter the graphics cards setup panel ... there's options for tweaking and refining gamma and other settings

In some cases "out of the box" settings don't work ... it's to be expected.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ok thats from a blu ray so its not the cartoon that has bad quality i have seen what it looks like when i dont have this issue. So what fixed this for me, and i dont really know why, but i went into my graphics card control panel and what was causing the bad picture was when the display settings were on "clone" which just makes whatever is on my monitor appear on my tv. The picture is normal when i have the settings on single or if i put it on "dual-view" which allows me to drag things from my monitor to my tv, as if you were using dual monitors. This isnt a problem for videos i will just leave it on "dual-view". But so by a fluke, it seems like the pictures on google chrome is what is wrong because when i view it on firefox there is no problem. This is what my pictures look like on chrome and firefox:

and this is the link to the wallppaer if u wana view it urself: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nsRE01NJxTU/Sw_gkHult-I/AAAAAAAAFII/Kfm6DElc488/s1600/ferrar...e-1280x800.jpg

now why is it that on chrome the picture is bad any1 know? i cant find any settings that would change it?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	485.4 KB
ID:	8957  

Click image for larger version

Name:	firefox.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	498.1 KB
ID:	8958  

Quote Quote  
  10. scratch the last post... these attachments are easier to see. look at the background difference.

It might not look like a huge difference, i couldnt really find a better picture its easier to see on dark pictures but u can tell what im trying to express.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	8959  

Click image for larger version

Name:	firefox.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	8960  

Quote Quote  
  11. Chrome appears to be displaying your picture with 16 bit color, not 24 bit color.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes! You're right the reason is because my settings were at 16-bit. I put it as 32-bit and now the pictures are fine. But for some reason it wont allow both my monitors (dual monitors) to be at 32-bit.

I have to leave one of them at 32-bit 1680 x 1050 (once i try this at full resolution 1920 x 1080 it automatically puts it at 16-bit, and obviously i want my resolution maxed out.) resolution and the other at 32-bit 1920 x 1080(my full resolution)
    Quote Quote  
  13. I wouldn't expect an 8400 GS to have problems like that. I have an 8600 GT and it runs dual displays at 1920x1080 at 32 bits with no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yeah I dont understand why it wont let me...im gona try and search around but i would appreciate if someone can still help me out.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Do you have both set to 60 Hz refresh?
    Quote Quote  
  16. It will only allow me to put both on 60 hz refresh if both monitors are at 16-bit.

Otherwise I can only have 60hz on the 16-bit and on the 32-bit monitor it only goes up to 30hz. I don't know if i'm missing something here?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Maybe the 8400 GS has less memory bandwidth -- that could limit the refresh rates and resolutions. My 8600 GT has 512 MB GDDR3 with a 128 bit interface.

Make sure you're running the latest WHQL certified drivers for the card.
    Last edited by jagabo; 1st Oct 2011 at 22:58.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Mine has 256MB GDDR2 with 64-bit interface.

How much did you pay for you graphics card? I got mine for about $20 i think
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by NaHLiJ View Post
    How much did you pay for you graphics card? I got mine for about $20 i think
    It was a lot more than that. Probably over US$100. But it was a long time ago. It was a mid level card at the time. It's a silent, fan-less version.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I went to the nvidia.com and download the last update and it worked! Got everything max resolution, 32-bit, and 60hz refresh time. Thanks for telling about running the latest WHQL drivers.. that fixed everything for me. Really appreciate the big help man, couldn't have done it without you.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Glad to hear you got it worked out.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Geez, a dozen or more posts to DL the NEW VIDEO DRIVERS for the NEW VIDEO CARD???

To clarify my earlier post, the OP needs to find smarter people to tell him things because his current
    people told him that he didn't have a graphics card, when he clearly does on the mobo.
    Quote Quote  
  23. And all hardware requires drivers. Some drivers are included on the Windows CD/DVD. Some have to be installed via the vendor's disc or download. With complex devices like graphics cards the drivers included with Windows usually only support a sub-set of the hardware's features. It's usually best in those cases to install the vendor's latest WHQL certified drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Well the thing is i thought i did have everything updated becausse it came with a driver installation cd and i installed it but i guess i didnt have the most recent ones.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NaHLiJ View Post
    Well the thing is i thought i did have everything updated becausse it came with a driver installation cd and i installed it but i guess i didnt have the most recent ones.
    I just checked this thread for the first time since i last posted, and i am amazed no one else has mentioned it, but....

I have actually bought NEW hardware several times with an install disc and the drivers on the disc were anywhere from 2 months to a year behind the current drivers!!

I remember one time back during windows 98 i had an audio problem with a game, someone suggested updating my video drivers...... I was like, WTF do video drivers have to do with the audio ?!?!?!

But i went to the website, updated the video drivers and low and behold, after the video driver update the audio was perfect!!!

ALWAY'S check for the latest drivers for ANY hardware on the manufacturers website for ANY hardware you have!!!

Most people seem to think PC's are some kind of a plug and play piece of equipment like a TV or VCR, when in fact they are a very intricate combination between hardware and software and the littlest thing (conflict) can cripple them!!!
    Quote Quote