VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,

All of a sudden all the videos I encode with MeGui are sped up for some reason, everything goes faster then normal when played in Media Play Classic, but in WMP it plays fine but fraps still shows its playing at 60 FPS for some reason. In the properties of the video files they're all normal 29 FPS...

I tried using different versions of megui, mpc, etc have no idea why it's doing this. All my old video encodes don't play like this and I encoded them the same way

I use a uncompressed / lossless avi fed to megui through an AVS script. Oh and the lossless files play fine.

Have no idea what's going on here, any help would be appreciated

Here's a video file with the problem btw:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4289924/mov/sdfsd.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't really know what it's supposed to look like when played, but Media Player Classic Home Cinema seems to play it at the correct speed. Its properties show the correct framerate. It's a 5 second video that lasts 5 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I don't really know what it's supposed to look like when played, but Media Player Classic Home Cinema seems to play it at the correct speed. Its properties show the correct framerate. It's a 5 second video that lasts 5 seconds.
    Err weird, if you view statistics does it show 30fps too? There it showed framerate 60 for me and my friend we both using MPCHC, the video should be 5 seconds long with the game in the frame the hole time, in the version were getting the game only shows for like 2 seconds as it's sped up, then it skips to 5 second and ends
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, the statistics jumps around, but shows it at roughly 29fps, nothing like what you're describing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, me and my friend both have CCCP installed, I just uninstalled it and tried playing the video in MPCHC and it plays fine, so I guess it isn't the video it must be some weird conflict happening with CCCP

Just curious, do you have CCCP installed or not? And thanks for the help so far
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ayim View Post
    Just curious, do you have CCCP installed or not?
    Not. And you've just provided more evidence (if more was ever needed) of the perils of installing codec packs. At least yours uninstalled without wrecking anything (that you know of).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you adjust the FPS during conversion. I mean that because every movie/video have different frame rates, NTSC is 23.976, PAL is 25.00 and film is 29.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Film is 24. NTSC is 23.976 progressive, or 29.970 interlaced. PAL is 25.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote