VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i have video with a resolution of 1920X800 and i want to uncrop it to 1920X1080 without loosing aspect ratio.
    what should i add to the command line for doing this.

for now i use this cmd and the final video is still 1920X800. when i try with any resize command, my movie become full screen (zoomed) :

--preset veryslow --tune film --bluray-compat --vbv-maxrate 40000 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --open-gop --slices 4 --colorprim "bt709" --transfer "bt709" --colormatrix "bt709" --sar 1:1

**sorry for my english
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need to add top and bottom borders totalling 280 lines.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Do you use Avisynth? http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AddBorders

Or.... the ffdshow video decoder has a filter for resizing and adding borders. If you were to decode via DirectShow you could add the borders back that way.... Enable ffdshow's resize filter, set it to resize to 1920x1080, and make sure the "keep original aspect ratio" option is selected. ffdshow will then resize to 1920x1080 by adding the black borders for you. The picture itself should remain the same (not stretched).

Which encoding program are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use uncropmkv.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm using Simple x264 Launcher with this command line:
    --preset veryslow --tune film --bluray-compat --vbv-maxrate 40000 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --open-gop --slices 4 --colorprim "bt709" --transfer "bt709" --colormatrix "bt709" --sar 1:1

I want to use this cmd because i want to make 100% bluray compliant file. It works great when my source is exactly 1080p . I just need to learn how to add borders with avisynth i guess .

I know that uncropmkv and multiavchd can do the uncrop but X264 in it , is completely outdated and you cant add my command line ... again i want 100% bluray compliant

Thanks for your replies guys
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by imhh1 View Post
    I just need to learn how to add borders with avisynth i guess.
    Perhaps the AddBorders command is what you're looking for.
    http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/
    Quote Quote  
  7. "vanilla" x264 builds are not compiled with a filtering patch, but some have "pad" filter.

06_taro's "tmod" builds have the patch compiled
    http://tmod.nmm-hd.org/x264/

So you would add 140px to top and bottom each, just add the commandline. You might be able to drop in and replace the binary with simple x264 launcher (you might have to rename the binary to match)

Code:
    --vf pad:0,140,0,140

Or if you want to use avisynth

Code:
    AddBorders(0,140,0,140)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks... Poisondeathray
    that's exactly what i was looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Assuming this is 23.976 source , unless you have 24000/1001 exactly in an avs script (which will feed CFR) - for BD you should also add

Code:
    --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr
    because ffms2 input sometimes gets the FPS slightly off
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!