VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been trying to figure out how to combine the mp4 video from my camera with an mp3 audio track of music. I have multiple videos and have found songs that are basically the same length as the videos. I just want to stick them together with no editing. I don't really care if the video or audio gets a bit cut off, this is just for fun on youtube. I beleive I could convert the video to another format with some sort of software and then use windows movie maker to finalize the video with the audio but I really want this to just be simple. Just mash the mp4 with the mp3. I don't even really care if I lose the audio from the mp4 video and it just plays the mp3 audio or if it is a mix of the two audios. I tried using a YAMB program and it said it muxed but I could not find a mixed program. I did find a video with no audio right next to the video with the original audio, but no mixed video. Maybe I just don't know how to use the YAMB program or maybe I need to try something else. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try instead mymp4boxgui. It's a bit easier than yamb. Add the mp4 and mp3 and mux.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I can suggest two solutions:

Solution 1:
    - install XviD4PSP, Audacity, MeGUI, neroAacEnc, Yamb;
    - open the mp4 file in XviD4PSP, at format choose "Audio", at "Audio encoding" select "PCM 16bit", click "Encode"; this will create a wav file;
    - open the wav file and the mp3 file in Audacity, mix them, and save to wav;
    - open the new wav file in MeGUI, and encode it to AAC-LC, with bitrate 384 kbps; this will create a m4a or mp4 audio file;
    - use Yamb to extract/demux the video from the mp4 file, and to mux it with the newly created m4a or mp4 audio file, into an mp4 container, a new mp4 file;
    - upload the newly created mp4 file to youtube.

Solution 2:
    - install VirtualBox;
    - in VirtualBox, create a virtual hdd for Linux Mint or Ubuntu;
    - install Linux Mint or Ubuntu on the virtual hdd;
    - in Linux Mint or Ubuntu, use the Synaptic package manager to install a non-linear video editor called OpenShot, from the distro's repositories;
    - use OpenShot to edit the mp4 file (add the mp4 file on the timeline, trim it if you want, add a new audio track on the timeline and add the mp3 file into it);
    - render the OpenShot timeline to an mp4 file, with AAC-LC audio with 384 kbps bitrate, and with H.264 video with 5000 kbps for 720p and 8000 kbps for 1080p;
    - upload the newly created mp4 file to youtube.

The advantages for Solution 2:
    - you can cut sections from the video clip, to exclude parts from it if you don't want those parts to be uploaded on youtube;
    - you can trim to shorten the length of the video clip if you think it's too long;
    - you can trim so that the clip starts from a specific in point, and ends at a specific out point;
    - you can split the clip in two or more parts, if the clip is longer than 15 minutes;
    - you can insert titles, transitions, fades, images, and watermarks;
    - you can edit and mix audio (which is the only thing you can do with Solution 1).
    Last edited by codemaster; 30th Sep 2013 at 06:25.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,
    I tried mymp4boxgui and it was just too laden with malware to even use.
    Codemaster,
    It looks like you put a lot of thought into your response and I appreciate your efforts but that is way over my head.
    I am looking for a simple solution to just put an mp3 audio track onto an mp4 video.
    Any other thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by durtsurf View Post
    I am looking for a simple solution to just put an mp3 audio track onto an mp4 video.
    Any other thoughts?
    I think Solution 1 is very simple, but a solution that is even simpler is:

step 1: use yamb to extract the video track from the mp4 file;
    step 2: use the "MP4 Muxer" tool from MeGUI to create a new mp4 file, with the video track extracted at step 1, and with the mp3 audio track;
    step 3: upload the newly created mp4 to youtube.
    Last edited by codemaster; 1st Oct 2013 at 04:49.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way I did end up finding an easy solution. All of the stuff posted here was not easy or was laden with malware. What I ended up doing was using gopro software that is easily downloaded from the gopro website to convert my mp4 videos to avi. Then I use windows movie maker to mix the mp3 audio with the avi files. Works great, no malware, and I am starting to learn other editing tool on movie maker.
    Hope that helps if anyone out there is in my boat...
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting your solution...but mymp4boxgui is still no malware.
    Quote Quote