VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello how are you all! I have an audio sync problem with an avi file. I was told that if you delayed the audio by. 6 seconds it would be fine but how would you go about doing that? I would appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Remux with VirtualDub. Set the audio delay to 600 ms.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Do you do direct stream copy and is it positive or negative 600?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, set Video to Direct Stream Copy. Audio is normally Direct Stream Copy by default -- but check it. Select Audio -> Interleaving, set the skew delay to 600 ms. That will delay the audio by 0.6 sec. When you need to advance the audio set the delay to a negative value.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The main reason I keep VirtualDubMod handy, is unlike VirtualDub you can specify a default video encoding method, including direct stream copy. Given I rarely use either for encoding it saves me having to abort the job, switch to direct stream copy, then resave the AVI again..... I do it virtually every time with VirtualDub (no pun intended). And VirtualDubMod can handle multiple audio streams. Pity you can't disable the VBR bitrate warning for MP3 audio, but that's just a minor annoyance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @hello_hello: regarding saving default settings in Virtual Dub: saving the settings and (automatically) loading them on start-up like described over at: http://sleepytom.co.uk/virtualdubsettings might be an alternative,...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    @hello_hello: regarding saving default settings in Virtual Dub: saving the settings and (automatically) loading them on start-up like described over at: http://sleepytom.co.uk/virtualdubsettings might be an alternative,...
    Well that's just silly........

Thanks for that. I modified the shortcut in the SendTo menu and now I can send an AVI to VirtualDub all ready to Direct Stream Copy.
    Quote Quote