VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i downloaded a video in .rmvb. Also downloaded and installed Real Alt. as well. Found a few good converters too but when i was playing in my WMP i found out it stops at 6 minutes and 40 seconds. Then i notice when i tried to convert the file it would stick at the same point and go nowhere. I was messing around with the file and found out that if drag the bar past 6 minutes and 47 seconds the video plays as fine as it did before it hits 6:40... any ideas please?

P.S. sorry if my post is not in the right area
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like the file is corrupted. I don't know of any prgrams that can fix corrupted files, except for maybe Real Player/Real Producer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    real producer can fix .rmvb files?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've personally never used it. but, unless I'm mistaken, that is what is used to create the rmvb files. So assuming it could read the whole file, you could resave it, which should then correct the issue. Just like using VirtualDub or Tmpgenc to open/resave corrupted avi/mpeg files to correct corruption.

Of course, the file could just be corrupt and unfixable.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like a curuppted file with 7 secs of bad code

I would probably edit the file cut out the bad 7 seconds then watch it

if like it I would try again to DL a better copy

but i usually edit mpeg not avi , and there might be sound sync issues, better take another try and getting a better DL
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    I've personally never used it. but, unless I'm mistaken, that is what is used to create the rmvb files. So assuming it could read the whole file, you could resave it, which should then correct the issue. Just like using VirtualDub or Tmpgenc to open/resave corrupted avi/mpeg files to correct corruption.

i tried VirtualDub but it's an .RMVB file when i try to make it open with it. It gives me an error message as for that one called TMPGEnc i used up the trial up and it won't let me use it again
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard
    sounds like a curuppted file with 7 secs of bad code

I would probably edit the file cut out the bad 7 seconds then watch it

if like it I would try again to DL a better copy

but i usually edit mpeg not avi , and there might be sound sync issues, better take another try and getting a better DL
    i was thinking the exact samething. The user i got the file from said he downloaded it from a torrent file but it stopped at 99.8%(i know, so close) as for it being .avi, no it's .RMVB
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Zone3
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter

i tried VirtualDub but it's an .RMVB file when i try to make it open with it. It gives me an error message as for that one called TMPGEnc i used up the trial up and it won't let me use it again
    Well you can use virtualdubMOD and avisynth and real alt to be able to encode real media using virtualdubMOD. There is a guide here or a link to another site on the tutorial on how to achieve it. I already forgot where I got it but if you search you'll find it
    Quote Quote