VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello -

Having issues with getting Vista 64 Media Center to play the DVD conversion from Handbrake.

process:
    - decrypter to DTS_VIDEO
    - convert to mp4 in Handbrake, using default setting "Normal"
    - installed codec shark007 (after trying FFshow, and K-Lite - deactivated both)

error:
    - works perfect in WMP 11
    - works perfect in QUICKTIME
    - but when playing through Media Center vista 64 the following error:

"CANNOT PLAY VIDEO - Windows Media center cannot find the specified file. BE sure the path is typed in correctly...."

- the path is correct, it shows up in the directory, checked it over and over again, and ran setup numerous times to allow access to folder. Sample video in same folder plays perfectly

PLEASE help! running out of options...thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It looks like a codec problem. If the ultimate goal is watching the video and it works in two other programs, why not use one of those programs to watch it?
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dv8ted2
    It looks like a codec problem. If the ultimate goal is watching the video and it works in two other programs, why not use one of those programs to watch it?
    correct - it would make sense to watch in WMP 11, however, it's currently hooked up to a DLP Projector/home theater system all controlled by Harmony Remote, and only Media Center responses to the Harmony Remote -- would upgrading to MCE 7 be any better?
    Quote Quote  
  4. MCE 7's MP4 support is superb. It can even play play most of my old DIV3 AVI's without needing any extra codecs. In fact the thing you may need to install is the Matroska Splitter for MKV files, just about everthing else is covered.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    awesome, i'll give it a try! thank you ALL!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MH2360 - I've gotta say, WINDOWS 7 MEDIA CENTER is awwwweeesssommmme!!! plays most of my media formats without adding 3rd party codecs!!! you're a LIFE-SAVER!!! paying forward karma points...tx again
    Quote Quote