VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi again,
    After the prompt help in the other forum, i have another (unrelated) question -
    I'm using AutoGK to convert a live show video with DTS sound.
    I'd like to preserve the DTS soundtrack (pass-through), but when i try to convert it to Xvid using AutoGK, i keep getting the following error:
    EXCEPTION: Audio is not found

I tried ripping without stream processing, so that the stream has two soundtracks - AC3 and DTS. If i only select AC3, it works fine.
    If i select DTS or both, i get the Audio is not found error.

I tried searching the forums for help, but all i could find are transcoding issues (which require decoders, that i have also tried to install, just in case).

I tried several sources of videos with DTS - no luck.

Any suggestions?
    Perhaps another tool that can convert the DTS-containing VOB to AVI?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Replace the AC3 with the DTS in the completed AVI?

Do the conversion manually and avoid AutoGK completely?

However, according to Q. 2.9 of the AutoGK FAQ, AutoGK can use the DTS audio:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=72679
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FWIW, one time I added a DTS track to an AVI using AviMuxGui to save the agony of encoding again.
    I demuxed the DTS audio from the DVD files using PgcDemux, loaded the AVI into AviMuxGui then the DTS audio and let it mux the new audio.
    It also lets you remove tracks if required.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for your replies.

Manono - I'm trying to remove the AC3 and keep the DTS as is (no re-encoding, just pass-through)

Sambat - I know AviMux can re-mux. But this would mean that i demux while ripping, encode the video alone, and re-mux with the DTS afterwards.
    I know it doesn't sound that bad, but i'm not trying to convert a movie but rather a music DVD, and i'm dividing it by chapter, for each song.
    Some of them contain over 20 files, so i'm trying to keep the flow simple

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm guessing you're using the latest version, maybe there's a bug. Just to be sure these are the steps to follow to get an AVI with DTS audio:

- Select the IFO file as the source and set your destination folder
    - Select the DTS audio in Step 2 audio box
    - Set the output size in Step 3
    - Click the advanced settings button in Step 4 and set the output audio type to Original
    - Add job and start encoding

Check the log, if you get EXCEPTION: Audio is not found again; there's a good chance your DVD ripper stripped the DTS track, but didn't remove all the references to it. Make sure you select the DTS track when ripping. You can use Mediainfo to analyse the IFO and VOB.

If the log is clear and you still have no audio, use Mediainfo to check the AVI for audio. You need a CODEC to play DTS audio with any software player, refer to the Doom9 guide. Most hardware media player can't handle DTS in an AVI. Only thing left to do is try an older AutoGK version, if that works, you've found a bug in 2.55.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by vdgg View Post
    Manono - I'm trying to remove the AC3 and keep the DTS as is (no re-encoding, just pass-through)
    I know that, and both my answer and the FAQ address just that - using the untouched DTS track. Maybe nik2k4's post will help you. One point, especially, bears paying attention to. Some decrypters will, by default, strip out the DTS track.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks guys, this gives me a new direction to test.
    I'm using DVD Decrypter, and i'm splitting the chapters to VOBs (i don't use IFO's).

I'll try it with an IFO now, and if it still fails i'll try an older version of AutoGK.

If that fails too i'll revert to using video only VOBs with AutoGK and later on mux with the DTS using AVIMUXGUI with a batch file i'll have to make.

I'll report back, of course!

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks everyone, and kudos to nic2k4 - loading an IFO indeed does work.
    But it doesn't solve my problem - i divide the DVD into chapters and have one VOB per chapter.

Is there a way to create one IFO per chapter?
    Currently it seems as one per title...

If i try to do the procedure manually (Video only through AutoGK, then mux DTS+AVI using AVIMUX) i encounter delays which are not sourced from the DVD (not the audio delay which is specified in the filename).

Any idea on either of the issues?

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by vdgg View Post
    Is there a way to create one IFO per chapter?
    Currently it seems as one per title...
    IFO Mode, followed by Tools->Settings->IFO Mode->File Splitting->By Cell ID?

I'm not entirely sure that'll work, being unable to test at the moment. But it's worth trying.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Nope, it still issues one IFO file for all CELL_IDs

Strange thing is that i can use that IFO file for any VOB.
    So currently i'm running them one by one. I'll try to automate it later.
    Too bad AutoGK doesn't support any command line operations...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Are you also saying that IFO somehow screws up the encode, maybe by giving you back an out-of-synch AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  12. When converting TV series to AVI I use DVDShrink (Nero Recode) (use the remake a DVD function) to split the episodes into separate titles, then run each title in AutoGK. You can do the same to convert individual chapters. Maybe you could use IFOedit to generate IFOs from the VOBs you get when ripping.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks again for your support guys!

manono - no, the out of sync AVI is when i pass only the video through AutoGK and remux the original audio with the resulting AVI using AVIMUXGUI. I abandoned that path.

nic2k4 - i'll give it a shot.

Currently what i'm doing is to take the IFO and duplicate it so that there's one IFO for each chapter VOB.
    I then rename the IFO files to be is if they were different titles and rename the VOBs as if they were the first chapter in each title.
    I can also use the automatic dispatcher to load all IFO files to AutoGK.

Works like a charm
    I'll try to create a batch file that does all the renaming automatically.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Still struggling with the issue (not continuously though, obviously).
    I had a revelation today. The "audio not found" exception is because i'm using the VOBs as inputs to the AutoGK.
    Instead, i have to introduce the IFO file to the AutoGK. Then it work.
    BUT - the IFO file is good for the entire DVD, and i need to split by chapter.
    Is there any way to generate an IFO file per chapter?

Thanks in advance...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Is there any way to generate an IFO file per chapter?
    You could use DVDShrink's re-author function, but an ifo per chapter.... there shouldn't be any need.

Anyway.... if you re-author with DVDShrink you can drag a title from the right pane to the left pane multiple times (in re-author mode), then use the edit function to edit each copy of the title down to a single chapter. After you use the back up function, you should end up with a single ifo and set of vob files for each of the original chapters. Just make sure to set DVDShrinks target output size to something large (or disable the compression) to it won't try to shrink while backing up.
    Quote Quote