VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I have a question for Handbrake CLI on a MAC
    I would like to convert my ISO’s to MKV’s and I have not been able to find any specific software that
    can do this task for me.
    I have quite a few backups from my original DVD collection and now I have
    bought a Samsung TV and have to run PLEX which does not play ISO / IMG
    I have this script/statement: (It is a beginning and I have had that from a friend and I do NOT know anything about
    programming)
    find /Volumes/video/Film -iname '*.iso' -exec ./transcode-video.sh "{}" "{}/" \;
    ·******** It should find my External HD where I have the films in Folders – One per Movie
    ·******** It should find the ISO file
    ·******** Convert it to MKV with all Subtitles and all other content 0 1 to 1 conversion with x264 Codec
    ·******** It should put the converted file in the Source directory
    ·******** It should delete the original ISO file
    How should it look ? Anyone that can help?
    THANKS A LOT
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Have you considered that there might be a time saving alternative to what you asked about? It's not free, but if you value your time, it will save it.

Instead, why not buy a streaming media player that understands how to play ISOs correctly? Western Digital makes some. There are other companies that do too, but I'm most familiar with Western Digital. It would make your life a lot simpler to not have to convert everything for your TV. Also, you should be aware that Plex is not perfect (I have it too) and every now and then it will refuse to play a specific file. When that happens, there is nothing you can do about it. You're not going to be happy if you go to all this effort and then up with a few MKV files that Plex refuses to play.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi jman98,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have thought about many things but the thing is that I have bought a new Samsung TV and on there
    I have an APP called PLEX

BNUT PLex does not run ISO or IMG Images and I really want to use the app which makes is easier for the
    whole family to see the Movies - ALSO when I am not around.

So, I was looking for a timesaving alternative, as you suggest, but also one where I can keep
    using PLEX

Thomas
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!