VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, ive been doing a little bit of work with fraps.
    Basically im recording some gameplay with fraps (60 fps, full size settings) and my audio with audacity. That all works fine.

I made a 40 minute video, fraps did its thing and broke them down into pieces. Each 2-3 minutes long so i have 17 files in total each around 3.95gb.

I have loaded them all up in VirtualDub, audio and video is set to full processing mode and im using the klite codec for compression (xvid took even longer! lol)

So ive hit save as avi to do the compression and now it says its going to take 8 hours .... and the number keeps rising too. It started off saying 7 hours, now its up to 9. I really dont want to wait an entire day just to compress the video, it doesn't even have the commentary on it yet.

have i done anything wrong? is it just the burden of high res videos? anything i should change?
    Its all for the purpose of making youtube videos, maybe im doing some unnecessary things?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok so i instead compressed each video individually. Each one took only 4 minutes to complete. Now im trying to merge them all together... 18 hours ...
    I dont even understand anymore lol
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use Direct Stream Copy to join the files.
    Quote Quote