VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere. I have looked, can’t seem to find best set-up for myself.

I'll start from the beginning.

I have recently ditched SKY as monthly subscription price became a bit of a joke. In next few weeks I will be switching to Freesat + (UK). I have ordered a Humax HDR-1010S Freesat Freetime 1TB Receiver with Built-In Wi-Fi. I have signed up for Virgin 152MB superfast internet and will also be buying a new 1TB HDD (wired or WIFI???). I will download all the stuff I don’t get on Freesat + onto my external HDD saving me quite a few £££ on a monthly SKY subscription.

My question is........what is the best way for me to stream all my HD movies, HD TV shows, photos etc from my HDD to my TV. I don’t want to be unplugging wires all the time form PC, HDD, TV etc and my TV (Sony Bravia) will only play certain file types. I don’t want to have to convert all my files so I can play them on my TV either.

Is there some kind of go between from my HDD to my TV I can use to stream my media on TV without changing wires or converting file types?

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. Perhaps you should be looking at something like this:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And please do NOT cross post. I removed your other thread.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you fritz93.....
    Apologies Baldrick
    Quote Quote